Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permaculture

Hi,

has anyone got any recommendations for me on books about permaculture?

thanks

I've liked Bill Mollison's books, and IMO his "Permaculture: a Designers' Manual" is a great place to start, but there might be newer stuff out there is more "current".

Comment

The designer's manual is still *the* textbook. I've heard good things from Gaia's Garden and Edible Forest Gardens as well.
      http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

Comment

thank you guys, I will look into these

Comment

For a slightly more primal approach, I can definitely recommend How to Make a Forest Garden by Patrick Whitefield.

Comment

Had to wait until I got home to see what was on the shelf!

In addition to the Mollison's Designers' Manual mentioned previously (which is quite expensive!), he also has a book called "Introduction to Permaculture", which appears to be about half the price and IMO was a really good... well... introduction!

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            For a slightly more primal approach, I can definitely recommend How to Make a Forest Garden by Patrick Whitefield.
            Originally posted by tamo42 View Post
            The designer's manual is still *the* textbook. I've heard good things from Gaia's Garden and Edible Forest Gardens as well.
            Will have to keep an eye out for those! Probably not quite as primal, but along the same lines is "Designing & Maintaining Your Edible Landscape Naturally" by Robert Kourik; some worthwhile stuff in that too...

Comment

I higthly recommend "Edible Forest Garden" by Dave Jack

Comment

Working...
              X