Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking heavy cream is awesome

Who else does it?
    For the past months I have tortured myself to eat extreme amounts of butter and bacon to gain weight. Then this simple thing hit me, just drink cream . I drink about half a liter a day, gives me an ease 1700 calories.
    It's also delicious as a substitute for milk in chocolate milk.
    well then

I don't drink it straight - but I have about 250ml a day in my morning coffees. It is z best

Comment

I've sipped it with egg yolk, sugar, and brandy added.

Comment

I love it also, but whenever I've switched to it for coffee, I notice that after about three days of a quarter cup a day, my stomach starts to feel a little ooky. Not pain, just the promise of nausea. Butter doesn't do it, so it's kind of weird to me that heavy cream does.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

OMG! Where's Dr. BorkBork?

I love about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cream on my raspberries in the morning.
          Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
            Who else does it?
            For the past months I have tortured myself to eat extreme amounts of butter and bacon to gain weight. Then this simple thing hit me, just drink cream . I drink about half a liter a day, gives me an ease 1700 calories.
            Ah, to have a teenage metabolism.....

I love the stuff but 1700 cal is about what I eat for a whole day. I wish there was room in the calorie budget for chugging cream.

Comment

I do this pretty regularly on my high-fat (non-workout) days when I realize I haven't had enough calories. A half-pint is a quick, DELICIOUS 800 calorie energy drink. Love it.

Comment

Yep, those poor ectomorph hardgainers have to pay their dues! Here Vince Girondas heavy cream receipe for hardgainers:

12 oz. half & half
                12 raw eggs.
                1/3 cup protein powder
                1 banana
                Blend it up & drink it troughout the day, between meals and before retiring.
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Who else does it?
                  That does seem like a delicious way to gain weight. You may want to cut back on it when you get close to your goal weight as losing weight isn't always as simple as gaining.

Comment

Who else does it?
                    That does seem like a delicious way to gain weight. You may want to cut back on it when you get close to your goal weight as losing weight isn't always as simple as gaining.

Comment

I've done it and I have to concur that it is a milky mouthgasm.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Patti View Post
                        That does seem like a delicious way to gain weight.
                        In reality though it could be a delicious way to lose weight.

I'm drinking my 500cal heavy cream latte right now.

Comment

Who else does it?
                          I do. I started when I was IF'ing and struggling to eat enough calories in my evening window.

I've since moved to pouring about 200ml on a baked banana with dark choc as my dessert of choice (not that I added breakfast back in again).

I've noticed that my body temperature is always high during the night when I have cream as a dessert. So while CICO is true, for me cream drives up BEE, so a calorie isn't a calorie.....
                          Last edited by magicmerl; 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM.
                          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I've had a small cup of it, warmed, with cocoa powder and xylitol for hot chocolate. Delicious... but I have the same problem as Paleobird, although my calorie budget is 2,200.
                            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

All. The. Time.

Not only is it one of the cheapest non-butter food energy sources in the neighborhood, but it achieves what every "meal replacement" product on the block is trying to achieve...without trying.

Hungry in the morning but barely enough time to put your underwear on? Glass o' cream.

Just finished an epic workout and need calories, stat, to cement dem gainz? Cup de la creme.

Hungry, at a Starbucks, but questioning the financial and nutritional value of the baked goods on display?

"Single Decaf Expresso Shot, Size Venti Cup Please."

Comment

Working...
                              X