Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drinking heavy cream is awesome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    Personally, I prefer ice cream. Goes as a great dessert post-nachos.



    Why not go on a very calorie restrictive diet? Seems to work for plenty of people in the dieting world. :P I kid, of course, but I'm curious, Gadsie, what are your stats? Age/height/weight squat/dead/bench etc? I'm relatively new to lifting myself - how long you been at it?
    I'm 15, 6'2", 172 lbs,
    Squat: 189 lbs
    Bench: 143 lbs
    Deadlift: 265 lbs

    I've been at it for.a year so these stats are horrible BUT, I come from being underweight (130lbs), my genetics suck, my metabolism is too fast, I can't always sleep properly and I have fucked up quite often with my form resulting in a deload. You wil most likely get stronger much much faster
    well then

    Comment


    • #32
      I prefer eating ice cream and cheese myself. I can easily tear through a pound of cheese which is like 1920 calories. I feel you on the metabolism though, luckily I don't lift myself and have no desire to.
      Make America Great Again

      Comment


      • #33
        I flavored heavy cream with vanilla and orange oil, sweetened it with a little artificial sweetener, and set it with some gelatin. It's amazing. I had about an ounce after dinner for dessert, and I won't be able to eat my cacao beans tonight.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          I flavored heavy cream with vanilla and orange oil, sweetened it with a little artificial sweetener, and set it with some gelatin. It's amazing. I had about an ounce after dinner for dessert, and I won't be able to eat my cacao beans tonight.
          That sounds awesome. What amount of gelatin would you need for what amount of cream?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            That sounds awesome. What amount of gelatin would you need for what amount of cream?
            I softened 1 tablespoon in 1/3 cup of cold water, then heated it until it was dissolved. I then added enough cream at room temperature to bring it up to 2 cups.

            I also made some for my boyfriend. I sweetened it with some sugar and poured it over some strawberry gelatin I had made the day before (from strawberries, natch). He practically went into a trance eating it.

            I am totally going to be enjoying this 5# bag of beef gelatin I got from Amazon.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              I softened 1 tablespoon in 1/3 cup of cold water, then heated it until it was dissolved. I then added enough cream at room temperature to bring it up to 2 cups.

              I also made some for my boyfriend. I sweetened it with some sugar and poured it over some strawberry gelatin I had made the day before (from strawberries, natch). He practically went into a trance eating it.

              I am totally going to be enjoying this 5# bag of beef gelatin I got from Amazon.
              Had that in my cart (assuming it was the NOW foods brand) and then was notified that it's no longer available from the seller I selected. Now I know who got it first. Enjoy!
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Had that in my cart (assuming it was the NOW foods brand) and then was notified that it's no longer available from the seller I selected. Now I know who got it first. Enjoy!
                Here's another source for you, RM.
                Beef Gelatin Powder - 1 lb. - NOW Foods

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  Yes I would. But don't worry, time will do that for you soon enough. Enjoy being a teenage eating machine while you can.
                  You live in california right? You can't complain

                  well then

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    That stuff is expensive as hell
                    Make America Great Again

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                      That stuff is expensive as hell
                      How much? Here it's €0,60 per liter but I have to cycle 12 km to a farm and back to get it. And if you eat 1700 calories, your total food expenditure isn't going to be much I think

                      Edit: AND that milk is jersey!
                      well then

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                        How much? Here it's €0,60 per liter but I have to cycle 12 km to a farm and back to get it. And if you eat 1700 calories, your total food expenditure isn't going to be much I think
                        FDA unnecessary regulations on raw milk caused a substantial markup in prices. It's like nearly 8 dollars(~6 euro) for half a gallon of raw milk in California
                        Make America Great Again

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                          That stuff is expensive as hell
                          ?
                          Not really.
                          I pay $5 a half gallon...and I get my choice of Jersey or Guernsey, I much prefer the Guernsey.

                          On the other hand if you are making your own orange juice from fresh naval oranges, at the common rate of 1-2 lbs of oranges per cup of juice(oranges vary in juiciness) and Navals were 1.29 per lb this week. That's 1.29-2.58 per cup of juice. And a whopping $10.32-20.63 per half gallon.
                          Now that is EXPENSIVE as hell.

                          I ate an orange yesterday. But I didn't bother juicing the damned thing.
                          (I had used the zest in a lovely baked/braised pork recipe the night before.)
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            ?
                            Not really.
                            I pay $5 a half gallon...and I get my choice of Jersey or Guernsey, I much prefer the Guernsey.

                            On the other hand if you are making your own orange juice from fresh naval oranges, at the common rate of 1-2 lbs of oranges per cup of juice(oranges vary in juiciness) and Navals were 1.29 per lb this week. That's 1.29-2.58 per cup of juice. And a whopping $10.32-20.63 per half gallon.
                            Now that is EXPENSIVE as hell.

                            I ate an orange yesterday. But I didn't bother juicing the damned thing.
                            (I had used the zest in a lovely baked/braised pork recipe the night before.)
                            California is more expensive than anywhere else. I've looked everywhere and couldn't find anything cheaper than 7 dollars for half a gallon. Even 5 is way too much for something that doesn't even sustain me for a day. Eating brie or gouda cheese is a much better cost friendly choice, especially when you consider the remarkable amount of k2 in it.

                            Also, I have a friend with several orange trees in their backyard(his mother loves gardening). I don't pay anything for my oranges. Also, concentrated oj is an option that's cheap as hell too. Fruit is quite costly though, if out of season, but you can easily buy frozen pesticide free choices at trader joe's for pretty cheap.
                            Make America Great Again

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I'm in the Philippines working on my tan...

                              The cities here are nutritional wastelands. Absolutely disgusting. Walked into a mid sized grocery store and there was NO fresh vegetable section.

                              BUT for some reason they had a liter of Anchor grass-fed heavy whipping cream for 400 pesos. So I have the espresso girl drop a shot in a glass of that each morning for breakfast.

                              Saved by the cream.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Glenview Chocolate Mousse:
                                1/4 c. Espresso or leftover coffee
                                4 Medjool dates pitted and cut up coarsely
                                1/3 c. Baking cocoa
                                1 large just-ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
                                1 c. organic heavy cream (raw is ok)
                                1/3 c. nut butter
                                1 Tbs. vanilla extract

                                Heat the coffee and soak the dates in it for 5-10 minutes. Add the cocoa and mix. It will be sticky and thick. Put the chocolate mix and all other ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Chill and eat. You may need to lick the food processor bowl clean. This is one of the few times I use peanut butter (for Reeses mousse). You can use more coffee for a thinner mousse. It's pretty thick once it chills.

                                You can use more dates or sweetener; I have no sugar tolerance. You can use real chocolate (melt it in the coffee), or I've used up to 1/2 cup cocoa. You can throw a ripe banana in there. It's pretty forgiving. If you use a more ripe avocado, you can taste avocado, or at least I can.

                                Enjoy!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X