Game of Thrones - GOT fever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
    Who cares - he's just going to die anyway! *runs away, sobbing into her silken handkerchief*
    we don't actually know what happens. you haven't read the books yet, but you will learn how grrm writes. he does things like that at the end of a chapter and then picks up later down the line and then fills you in on the middle part. you'll see several instances of that with main character plot twists throughout the books

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
      we don't actually know what happens. you haven't read the books yet, but you will learn how grrm writes. he does things like that at the end of a chapter and then picks up later down the line and then fills you in on the middle part. you'll see several instances of that with main character plot twists throughout the books
      Oh, yes... GRRM does love a cliff hanger "death" only to bring them back later and you are all "wait, what, how?!"
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• The tweets are rather...histrionic.

Here's a dramatic, interesting story, in which something really emotionally shocking happens. Isn't this the hallmark of powerful, quality drama? Instead, these insufferably superficial, self-absorbed, over-indulged snowflakes are ENRAGED and personally hurt by the turn of a story line. I truly enjoyed the power of my reaction and GRRM's audacity at choosing what I view as a rather historically-credible outcome. It's so much better than the puerile fantasy (and honestly, fiction in general) that seems to fill shelves today.

I find it hard not to see this as symptomatic of something much, much larger.
        It's rather ratcheted-up my nervousness at how this country would cope (or wouldn't) with ACTUAL tragedy/catastrophe. I've always suspected that many would simply fold up and die...now, I'm nearly sure of it.
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

The Dude, I was kidding. I don't even own a silken hanky

Saying that, the melodramatic demonstration was only partially feigned. I'm so invested in the characters! If Jon isn't Ned's son then I really think Ned could have at least told Cat the truth, so she wouldn't have been such a bitch to poor JS.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Saying that, the melodramatic demonstration was only partially feigned. I'm so invested in the characters! If Jon isn't Ned's son then I really think Ned could have at least told Cat the truth, so she wouldn't have been such a bitch to poor JS.
            Originally posted by kenn View Post
            The tweets are rather...histrionic.

Here's a dramatic, interesting story, in which something really emotionally shocking happens. Isn't this the hallmark of powerful, quality drama? Instead, these insufferably superficial, self-absorbed, over-indulged snowflakes are ENRAGED and personally hurt by the turn of a story line. I truly enjoyed the power of my reaction and GRRM's audacity at choosing what I view as a rather historically-credible outcome. It's so much better than the puerile fantasy (and honestly, fiction in general) that seems to fill shelves today.

I find it hard not to see this as symptomatic of something much, much larger.
            It's rather ratcheted-up my nervousness at how this country would cope (or wouldn't) with ACTUAL tragedy/catastrophe. I've always suspected that many would simply fold up and die...now, I'm nearly sure of it.
            I definitely wouldn't want to be the actor that plays Bolton today..>!
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

he promised lyanna that he wouldn't. if anyone at all knew the truth, it could mean jon's death. it could mean a ton of things. maybe ned was to tell jon one day? maybe jon will find out on his own? who knows? there are other targaryan twists and turns to come as well... you wait and see...

Comment

he promised lyanna that he wouldn't. if anyone at all knew the truth, it could mean jon's death. it could mean a ton of things. maybe ned was to tell jon one day? maybe jon will find out on his own? who knows? there are other targaryan twists and turns to come as well... you wait and see...
                Ned and his f*cking honour. Traumatise a poor boy, then let him go to the Wall? Cat wouldn't have told! Bad form Ned.

I wish there was an app that allowed you to download stuff directly into your brain... I'll take all five GOT books (and the perfect body), thanks!

- Ray Peat

Comment

Ned and his f*cking honour. Traumatise a poor boy, then let him go to the Wall? Cat wouldn't have told! Bad form Ned.

I wish there was an app that allowed you to download stuff directly into your brain... I'll take all five GOT books (and the perfect body), thanks!
                  The wall is an honorable place to go for some though. Hell, Ned's own brother went to the wall. It is what the Starks do - defend the north/keep with the old ways etc. As for Cat, she is a straight up biznatch so I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her off a castle wall....

Comment

• I just love that as you get deeper in to the books, you realize how much of the story is orchestrated by little finger and varys. how they have a hand in so much more than you can ever imagine

Comment

I just love that as you get deeper in to the books, you realize how much of the story is orchestrated by little finger and varys. how they have a hand in so much more than you can ever imagine
                      Nah, one is just a eunuch and the other a pathetic dude from the middle of no where.

kidding

Comment

• Also... we need WoW SOON!
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          Also... we need WoW SOON!
                          Yeah, I am hoping that the fact that if he does not get off his ass the show will pass him up will prompt GRRM to hurry up.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            Nah, one is just a eunuch and the other a pathetic dude from the middle of no where.

kidding
                            haha! I read your first line, and was like "what?" I thought you were serious for a minute

Comment

haha! I read your first line, and was like "what?" I thought you were serious for a minute
                              Well, that is one aspect the show is completely lacking on. I actually feel bad for the people only watching the show. Man, they are missing so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                Well, that is one aspect the show is completely lacking on. I actually feel bad for the people only watching the show. Man, they are missing so much.
                                I agree. I have a friend that loves the show but just to busy to read. so he's been doing the audio books in his car. and he calls me up every so often and is just totally blown away by what the show leaves out and what he has learned.

like I wrote earlier, the show is amazing, but really only scratches the surface of this story

Comment

Working...
                                X