Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - GOT fever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    I just realised something: this is all of the doing of The Lord of Light! The last episode ended with the Red woman, the leeches, and Stannis damning the three usurpers...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      I just realised something: this is all of the doing of The Lord of Light! The last episode ended with the Red woman, the leeches, and Stannis damning the three usurpers...
      you'll find that as the story progresses, a lot of people actually worship the lord of light. kind of interesting to me...

      the leeches/gendry thing, is not as it is written in the book. i'm not sure what the show is doing. they're definitely simplifying things a bit with that

      i'm also curious to see what they do with stannis in the season finale, and if the story will get that far this season or if the show-watchers have to wait until next season.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
        you'll find that as the story progresses, a lot of people actually worship the lord of light. kind of interesting to me...

        the leeches/gendry thing, is not as it is written in the book. i'm not sure what the show is doing. they're definitely simplifying things a bit with that

        i'm also curious to see what they do with stannis in the season finale, and if the story will get that far this season or if the show-watchers have to wait until next season.
        You could tell that they had scrimped over some details: the scene didn't really make sense. Although I thought it was hilarious how Gendry squealed like a little girl "oh nooooooooooo - not leeches! Leeeches - ahh!"

        Or maybe he was just upset that his raunchy time with the red woman was cut short. Why they had to have sex at all [other than for the obligatory sex scene in every episode] is beyond me...
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

        In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

        - Ray Peat

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
          You could tell that they had scrimped over some details: the scene didn't really make sense. Although I thought it was hilarious how Gendry squealed like a little girl "oh nooooooooooo - not leeches! Leeeches - ahh!"

          Or maybe he was just upset that his raunchy time with the red woman was cut short. Why they had to have sex at all [other than for the obligatory sex scene in every episode] is beyond me...

          No idea, and if I remember correctly in the book Gendry has not even met Melisandre. He seems to be playing the part of Eldric (Eric?) Storm.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            No idea, and if I remember correctly in the book Gendry has not even met Melisandre. He seems to be playing the part of Eldric (Eric?) Storm.
            Yes. The last we see(read) of gendry is when he is at the inn of the crossroads. There is no further mention of him and he has nothing to do with melissandre

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              No idea, and if I remember correctly in the book Gendry has not even met Melisandre. He seems to be playing the part of Eldric (Eric?) Storm.
              Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
              Yes. The last we see(read) of gendry is when he is at the inn of the crossroads. There is no further mention of him and he has nothing to do with melissandre
              Him and Arya are going to fall in love

              And then they'll probably both die.
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

              In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

              - Ray Peat

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                Him and Arya are going to fall in love

                And then they'll probably both die.
                lol oh, you really, really should read the books.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  lol oh, you really, really should read the books.
                  Ha, considering how obsessed with it I am, I really should

                  After we watched Ep 9 together, my housemate proudly presented me with book three... which is two books. I'm currently on page 94 of ASOIAF. Yeah... long way to go! Trying to resist reading spoilers...
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                  In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                  - Ray Peat

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                    I think Canio is just referring to the genetic principle that black hair is the dominant gene, and silver (?) is recessive.

                    THis theory is satisfying, except that they've barely mentioned it in the TV series...
                    Pretty sure the fact that blue eyes and fair hair are recessive features is pretty widespread among the general population. When I was a kid it was used as the primary example in very basic (and to a certain extent misleading) teaching of grade school genetics.

                    Also, Robert's grandmother was a Targaryen.

                    Comment


                    • i would be remiss if i did not put this here

                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

                      Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

                      Comment


                      • Poor Jorah... The look on his little face!

                        This is hilarious, and definitely made me feel better:

                        25 Steps To Get Over Your Intense "Game Of Thrones" Depression

                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                        In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                        - Ray Peat

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Ashl67ey
                          I just finished Season 2. Damn I hate Joffrey.
                          I hear he is great with kittens.

                          That said, he is far better than Caitlin and Roose Bolton, who the show does not do justice, not one bit.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ashl67ey
                            I just finished Season 2. Damn I hate Joffrey.
                            I wish I still hated Joffrey the most
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                            In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                            - Ray Peat

                            Comment


                            • SPOILER ALERT (sort of)

                              was just looking on the awoiaf (a wiki of ice and fire) site and looked up lyanna stark. guess what? she has grey eyes. just like jon snow...

                              anyway after reading how she was kept in the tower of joy, and quite possibly not actually "kidnapped" and that rhaegar spent most of the war in the tower with her, i'm utterly convinced that rhaegar and lyanna are jon's parents. that and the secret she tells ned and her final words "promise me, ned"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                                SPOILER ALERT (sort of)

                                was just looking on the awoiaf (a wiki of ice and fire) site and looked up lyanna stark. guess what? she has grey eyes. just like jon snow...

                                anyway after reading how she was kept in the tower of joy, and quite possibly not actually "kidnapped" and that rhaegar spent most of the war in the tower with her, i'm utterly convinced that rhaegar and lyanna are jon's parents. that and the secret she tells ned and her final words "promise me, ned"
                                Who cares - he's just going to die anyway! *runs away, sobbing into her silken handkerchief*
                                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                                - Ray Peat

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X