No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones - GOT fever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you read the books? I think she's a subversion, as she tries to treat the world like a traditional fantasy setting and it violently resists. Granted, I think her character becomes more annoying, but it's because she starts making a lot of mistakes. I love how High Valyrian sounds!

I love in the preview for next week how a character summarizes the whole show -- "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

Comment

My dislike for Danerys just got stronger and stronger through the reading of all of the books. She definitely lives in a fantasy world in her head that clashes with reality.

Comment

She IS a Targarian. I think she's supposed to be mad, like her daddy before her

I've only read the first book so am still on the Dany love buzz Stop with the spoilers,people!!!
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I'm such a GOT geek...

Oh, I presume people watched last Sunday's episode? Tywin is EVIL.
          Last edited by YogaBare; 05-02-2013, 11:45 AM.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Tywin first told cersei she wasnt as smart as she thought she was then he wiped that smirk right off her face while she was smugging at tyrion

no matter what he does in the future, i cant hate
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

He needs to hurry up with the new book!!!

Comment

He needs to hurry up with the new book!!!

Comment

I haven't started reading them yet. I've had a few authors die while I was really involved in a series. Even the best of those who take over after that can't manage to live up to the original.

So GoT, especially with how long he's taking to write the books, is on my "must read once the series is finished" list.

I have to agree though, he needs to get on it, I really want to read those books.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldschatten View Post
                    I haven't started reading them yet. I've had a few authors die while I was really involved in a series. Even the best of those who take over after that can't manage to live up to the original.
                    Is that a reference to the Wheel of Time series? I actually really enjoyed the books that Brandon Sanderson worked on. Kept the rambling and unnecessary cultural explanations to a minimum and wrapped it up nicely. I loved the series conclusion.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      Is that a reference to the Wheel of Time series?
                      Somewhat.

I can't recall the series that was really bad, maybe I've put up a block to shield me from the trauma, all I can recall was it was a much less popular and shorter series.

Wheel of Time was, in my opinion, a bit of a step down. Not a catastrophe, but I would have liked to see it finished by the original author.

Comment

- Ray Peat

Comment

beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            Why...?!

- Ray Peat

Comment

because 1, she will kick his nads for tearing her pretty silk dress

and 2,

beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                because 1, she will kick his nads for tearing her pretty silk dress

and 2,

I find her annoying...

but at least Jon Snow has mellowed since getting his rocks off!

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X