Game of Thrones - GOT fever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canio...

You made me think of something Tywin said to Tyrion in the last episode, so of course I had to look it up.
    Tyrion is a Lannister not only through Tywin, but also through his mother since they were cousins, which I had forgotten.
    Tyrion could indeed have been kept as a "Lannister" for the "family", but not as a son.

You sharp sweets.

Also, I was reading a this morning a statement by GRRM where he said that he has no fear of the HBO series catching up to his books...
    Does this mean a book release is forthcoming?
    Not this fall/winter I don't think. I would have guessed it would have been announced by now.
    But maybe a new book in the spring corresponding to the start of the season!
    That is certainly a possibility...

Then another in two years... or to correspond with the final season release the year after...
    Big bang effect.
    Last edited by cori93437; 06-11-2013, 12:06 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      Canio...

You made me think of something Tywin said to Tyrion in the last episode, so of course I had to look it up.
      Tyrion is indeed a Lannister not only through Tywin, but also through his mother since they were cousins, which I had forgotten.
      Tyrion could indeed have been kept as a "Lannister" for the "family", but not as a son.

You sharp sweets.
      Why thank you, my good lady. I have to say that despite being a very nice guy GRRM is a twisty sonofab*tch.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post

I hope not. GRRM is not exactly young.

and yeah, this whole thread is pretty much spoilers. Dear god if you have not read the books stop reading this thread and go pick up the books.
        haha!

i'm thinking that it will be a year or so until we see book 6, and at least 4, maybe 5 years until we see book 7. lord only knows there could be a book 8. once grrm starts writing, he never stops

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
          haha!

i'm thinking that it will be a year or so until we see book 6, and at least 4, maybe 5 years until we see book 7. lord only knows there could be a book 8. once grrm starts writing, he never stops
          Very true, though given the size of the books I think he could do it. He strikes me as the type to say, "Nope book 7 has 2500 pages. The fans will read it" Instead of writing another to make money like so many other authors.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Very true, though given the size of the books I think he could do it. He strikes me as the type to say, "Nope book 7 has 2500 pages. The fans will read it" Instead of writing another to make money like so many other authors.
            that's a really good point. i'd read it. the worst thing possible for his fans would be for him to die without officially ending things the way he wanted to. and I think he doesn't want to do that. I understand that he has met with HBO in order to lay out things just in case...but who knows? between now and 3-4 years from now, he might come up with some other crazy ideas that he wants to include

Comment

• It has been stated that he is sort of working on books 6 and 7 somewhat concurrently... and that the end, book 7 was already partially written as it was originally supposed to be a trilogy.

Of course I see the problem with that statement.
              A triliogy is now(will be) 7 enormous volumes.

But he did make a very definite statement that the HBO series wouldn't "catch up" to the books...
              So I'm hopeful that he means it.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Just to put people's minds at ease on one thing. If GRRM were unable to finish the series as long as his notes are in order the series could be finished by another author. When Robert Jordan died there was still a lot of writing left to be done for the WOT series, and it ended up being three books, and to be honest those three that were written by Brandon Sanderson are three of my favorite books in the series of 14 books, and the total time between the last Robert Jordan book, and the first Brandon Sanderson book was four years, so even less time than GRRM takes to get a book out lol.

All I know is with the long delays between books I am not going to read the books again until the last book is released. With such a long time between books I would have to re-read the whole series to know what is going on when I pick up the latest book. I had to re-read the WOT series before the 12th book came out.

Comment

• This really is the BEST GoT response video ever...
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    This really is the BEST GoT response video ever...
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• LMAO Remember when they cancelled firefly. That was great cori. And kenn...yikes. It's not better as a .gif

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• I noticed a common response from the ladies here was to chuckle at that gif...
                          And yet Canio did not.

I wonder why.
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• when i was watching the scene i was like '...no... no he's not that whacked, that's not made out of theon's penis... oh good, it's pork'
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              I actually think that's one example of poor casting in the show. That dude looks like he has a job in a bank, not like he orchestrates crucifications (and you know what else).

Aaaand. All this talk about Tyrian has made me think: the more the show goes on, the less I like Peter Dinklage. He's only got two flavours: humorous and noble. Book-Tyrion has much more going on, and I don't think Dinklage is capable of conveying that sort of depth.
                              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• I definitely think Dinklage has it. I just don't think it's what the directors are asking of him.

I've seen him do some really great stuff in other films that they aren't showcasing. This is just how they want him to act, at least for now... IMO.
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X