Game of Thrones - GOT fever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
    The Hedge Knight is a novella. If was first published in an anthology called Legends.
    It was the first of three wasn't it? Or were all three put together in Legends?

I hope the rumor is true and they make the Dunk and Egg stories into a show. Sadly, I think it is just wishful thinking though.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      It was the first of three wasn't it? Or were all three put together in Legends?

I hope the rumor is true and they make the Dunk and Egg stories into a show. Sadly, I think it is just wishful thinking though.
      It believe it was the first. It was the only story by GRRM in Legends. The book was edited by Robert Silverberg. I hadn't heard of the Dunk and Egg stories before this thread. I'll have to check them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
        It believe it was the first. It was the only story by GRRM in Legends. The book was edited by Robert Silverberg. I hadn't heard of the Dunk and Egg stories before this thread. I'll have to check them out.
        The Hedge Knight is the first of the 3 stories so you are correct. Followed by The Sworn Sword and then The Mystery Knight. The Sworn Sword was in Legends II also edited by Silverberg and was the first one I read. The 3rd was in the Warriors anthology edited by Martin. I actually read The Hedge Knight last as it was reprinted in Martin's short story collection Dreamsongs vol II.

They may be available online somewhere though I am not sure.

Comment

• amusing...

http://teamcoco.com/video/george-rr-...rones-spoilers

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            That completely explains why I couldn't read more GoT: politics.
            Because ?
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• I just want to see midgets jousting on dogs
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                Because ?
                I found the motives difficult to follow and also boring (re: politics).
                Depression Lies

Comment

I found the motives difficult to follow and also boring (re: politics).
                  just when I was beginning to like you.

kidding.

Where did you stop if you do not mind me asking?

Comment

• Somewhere in book 2! I do want to read more and find out what happens to some of my favorite characters (Arya, the Hound, and get clarification on who the fuck some people are because I don't remember them/get everyone confused).
                    Depression Lies

Comment

Somewhere in book 2! I do want to read more and find out what happens to some of my favorite characters (Arya, the Hound, and get clarification on who the fuck some people are because I don't remember them/get everyone confused).
                      Yeah, try again. Book 3 is great and there are some reveals in the other books that I found to be very much worth reading.

Comment

• God, I was hooked after book 1. I fell in love with the storytelling and really love loved that GRRM has no problems killing off beloved characters. That's a trait I've never seen in another writer and why I think it's so perfect for HBO. Most writers frankly wouldn't have the balls to kill off a popular character because they don't want to mess with their fan base. He writes the story based on how the story should go. Loved him for that. And politics aside, it's just great storytelling.

Comment

• Good points Zanna. Personally, I liked the different points of view. You could relate to every character and see where they were coming from even if you thought they were straight up evil sonsab*tches.

Comment

• Looks like the last episode of season 3 may be different than in the books. I wonder who will bite it on the show that didn't in the books or vise versa? I can hardly stand to watch.

Game Of Thrones creator George RR Martin reveals he wants viewers to be afraid... as director hints at surprise series finale | Mail Online

Comment

• Facebook post from an area gastropub Two Stones Naaman's:

Here's something to get you jazzed up for tonight's season finale of
                              "Game of Thrones"...Taco Tuesday Madness is reliving the Red Wedding. RSVP to the most anticipated moment of this great show as we celebrate the union of Edmure & Roslin, and some other stuff happens too...

Here's the lineup!

House Frey--"italian wedding soup" with beef meatballs, sauteed escarole, onion, garlic, fried orzo

House Stark--black peppered boar's head ham, salted croutons, swiss cheese fondue

House Tully--cold smoked trout salad, crispy fried trout skin, fish roe, shredded lettuce

Red Wedding Cake--red velvet cake, whipped cream cheese icing, fresh strawberry sauce

Plus, we always have the Crispy Fish, BBQ Pit Beef & Smoked Pork tacos to round things out. Each taco is $4 or get a plate of 7 for $21. From 5-10pm Tuesday the 11th.

Okay so it's not exactly primal, but I love that they're doing this. We've never eaten here, its about 20 miles north of us but we have at their first location (Two Stones Pub) only a few miles from us.

Comment

• Well, that was a bit underwhelming to say the very least. In fact it was a bit boring.

Comment

Working...
                                X