Does anyone body brush?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone body brush?

Body brushing is the latest addition to my daily regime and I'm loving it!

Just wondering if anyone has any success stories with brushing, or any tips on how to get the most out of it? I've got two sites here that illustrate methods and give good info:

My Recent Obsession with Dry Brushing | Creative Soul in Motion
    Dry Brushing Cellulite | The Cellulite Investigation

Also, does anyone follow the T-Tapp protocol? Apparently they have a special technique for doing it that yields better results. I think they start at the head as opposed to the feet? If you use it please do share
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Been doing it for almost two years - I've found it prevents ingrown hairs and acne (not that I had a lot of spots on my body, but I now get none, and when I slack off about doing it, I notice they come back).

Many swear it decreases cellulite, but I started dry brushing at a time when I also started exercising more and eating better, so I can't comment on that.

I use a soft brush, about 3 times a week. If I do it too often it irritates the skin (no surprise there), but every other day or so gives me very smooth, soft skin.

Not that I was ever using a lot of products (scrubs, moisturisers etc) but I don't need any at all now.

Downside: I feel ridiculous doing it.

Comment

I've done it a little--agree about feeling ridiculous, but it does seem helpful. I've only done it the TTAP way--they don't start at the head, but I'm not sure what else they do that might be different.

Comment

I love it and I do it every day! I do follow the t-tapp protocol, which starts at the hands, palm side up. Would you like me to describe the method? I also noted that one of the sites you linked to said that women should never do their breasts and I disagree and don't see why not. I do mine and I see definite improvement in skin tone and firmness, and since I started, the small stretch marks I had on the sides are almost gone. Also, a dark blue veiny bump on the side of my thigh that I've had since I was 18 disappeared after brushing for about 3 months.

I do this, from the t-tapp forum.
        be the hair that knots with my hair
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

I've done it off and on for my stubborn case of keratosis pilaris on the backs of my arms. It definitely seems to help when I do it consistently, but I can't seem to get into the habit of doing it on a regular basis. This thread has inspired me to try and start back up with a routine tonight though

Comment

I want to get started. Afraid of loose skin after weight loss. Helping with cellulite and stretch marks would only be a benefit.
            The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

I've been wanting to try because I keep hearing it may help with loose skin. Thanks for all the info!

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
                I love it and I do it every day! I do follow the t-tapp protocol, which starts at the hands, palm side up. Would you like me to describe the method? I also noted that one of the sites you linked to said that women should never do their breasts and I disagree and don't see why not. I do mine and I see definite improvement in skin tone and firmness, and since I started, the small stretch marks I had on the sides are almost gone. Also, a dark blue veiny bump on the side of my thigh that I've had since I was 18 disappeared after brushing for about 3 months.

I do this, from the t-tapp forum.
                Hey LV, nice improvements It would be great if you could share the T-tapp method - I'm really curious. Did you invest in the whole T-Tapp body brushing package that they sell?

Also, anyone using T-tapp - how do you find the Alfalfa supps? Have you gotten any side effects?
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by upupandaway View Post
                  Been doing it for almost two years - I've found it prevents ingrown hairs and acne (not that I had a lot of spots on my body, but I now get none, and when I slack off about doing it, I notice they come back).

Many swear it decreases cellulite, but I started dry brushing at a time when I also started exercising more and eating better, so I can't comment on that.

I use a soft brush, about 3 times a week. If I do it too often it irritates the skin (no surprise there), but every other day or so gives me very smooth, soft skin.

Not that I was ever using a lot of products (scrubs, moisturisers etc) but I don't need any at all now.

Downside: I feel ridiculous doing it.
                  Originally posted by Little Women View Post
                  I've done it a little--agree about feeling ridiculous, but it does seem helpful. I've only done it the TTAP way--they don't start at the head, but I'm not sure what else they do that might be different.
                  Ha, I actually don't feel ridiculous at all - love doing it! And it's definitely not the weirdest thing I've done in quest of beauty (face acupuncture anyone?)

Originally posted by Zeera View Post
                  I've done it off and on for my stubborn case of keratosis pilaris on the backs of my arms. It definitely seems to help when I do it consistently, but I can't seem to get into the habit of doing it on a regular basis. This thread has inspired me to try and start back up with a routine tonight though
                  Zeera, I'm doing it for KP, and also for my generally terrible circulation. At the moment I'm brushing twice a day - definitely see a quick improvement in the KP, not so much with the circulation yet, but I guess that will take time... my legs are a bit of a mess.

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
                    I want to get started. Afraid of loose skin after weight loss. Helping with cellulite and stretch marks would only be a benefit.
                    It was actually the thread you started ages ago on loose skin that turned me on to the dry brushing There's tons of amazing reports about the benefits. Also, just learning about the nature of skin, and how it can be conditioned through massage and brushing to be stronger is really inspiring. I thought we were all stuck with the skin we have but there's actually lots of stuff that can be done.

- Ray Peat

Comment

yb, yep, I bought the CRT package. It's 7 dvds (t-tapp is a lot harder than it looks.....!), a nice skin brush, detox capsules, and alfalfa. I don't take the detox capsules but I do take the alfalfa The thing is, I'm doing so many things that I honestly don't know what's doing what anymore. I kind of dove right into CRT and primal and exercise at the same exact time so...you know? I honestly can't pinpoint what is causing any progress I make. Yet

I think Gladmorning, you said that the alfalfa was a diuretic? And to me too, if I take more than six a day. I have at least one overnight visit to the bathroom. So I limit to six a day. The alfalfa sold at t-tapp is some sort of special blend, the particulars escape me at the moment. Supposedly, alfalfa encourages your body to make its own collagen. So instead of taking collagen, you help your body produce its own.

Ok, so......T-tapp skin brushing method! First you get naked You start with either palm, and stroke upwards towards your heart, a minimum of 4 strokes. Then stroke the back of that hand. Then work your way up the forearm, always stroking towards the heart. Stroke up your arm and into your armpit, and from your armpit to your chest, and your shoulder to your chest, towards your heart. Then repeat with the other hand/arm. After your arms and shoulders and chest are done, do your feet...the bottom first, and then the top. Then the ankle, and so on, up the leg, repeating the strokes and areas like you did with your arms. Try to just bend over and do it as opposed to putting your foot up on a chair - this keep the lymph pumping and moving unobstructed. When you're done your inner thighs, do your stomach and hips, stroking upward towards your heart. Then your butt, and then your back as well as you can. I end with the breast brushing that I linked to above.

Basic methodology -
                      1 - hands/arms
                      2 - shoulders/chest
                      3 - feet/legs
                      4 - torso

I try to do it twice a day now. I really enjoy it. And I do my face as well, although that's all upward brushing. Neck, chin, face, all up strokes. It feels great and I hope it's encouraging blood flow and circulation and making the new skin that much better than the skin being replaced. I keep getting told that my skin looks amazing lately so something is working!
                      be the hair that knots with my hair
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Yep, I do it and love it. Also dry brush my face. It's not the weirdest thing I have done. I also do facial exercises which entertain the whole family if they see me doing them.

Comment

Body brushing ttapper here, too.

It helps so much with dry skin! My legs go from scaly to smooth and shiny when I'm consistent.

I've always have enlarged glands, espeecially on my neck. They go from walnut sized to nothing when I'm comsistent.

My problem is BEING CONSISTENT!

I've wondered about the alfalfa, but I have celiac and am afraid to take stuff like that.

Comment

Do you have to do this everyday? Is it a PITA? I have some cellulite on the back of my things I want to try to get rid of. Although it's been there forever even before gaining and losing weight so I'm not sure if dry brushing would even help.

Comment

Originally posted by sigzephyr View Post
                              Yep, I do it and love it. Also dry brush my face. It's not the weirdest thing I have done. I also do facial exercises which entertain the whole family if they see me doing them.
                              Ha, I also do my face And yeah, I don't give a rat's ass how it looks. I was staying with my sister recently and at morning coffee time just randomly pulled out my little boar bristle brush and started stroking my chin, making out like I was grooming a beard. It's endlessly entertaining

Which method do you use? I'm doing a variation on this: CRT for the face??

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                              X