Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel cold!

Hey!

I remember the time when I was 16-17 (now 22,male) and never felt cold. I was wondered about the girls feeling cold all the time and I never had that problem.

Now, for about 3 years, I feel cold very fast. Of Course the temperatures are not nice now (0-5C in the West of Germany). But for me it feels like something is not right.

In the morning I sometimes dont want to move too much, because every movement feels "cold". Cannot describe it. I'm just cold. It feels terrible, like I'm "blocked". Especially in the car.

Maybe this is normal in the morning but of course this happens during the day, too.

The weird thing about this is, that I think I'm very warm outside! I can feel it.
    Cannot really describe everything, like i want to, but I hope you know what I mean.

Maybe you felt like this too and something made it better?

Thanks and regards from Germany!

What are you eating? I find eating fat helps keep me warm. Also strenuous exercise.

Comment

Eat more thermogenic foods. Carbs, salt, protein.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Well, I ate a lot of carbs a few years ago, when the problem started.
        In the morning I drink Coffee with cream or/and butter, for lunch I have meat and vegetables, and in the evening I often eat salmon or other fish.

I think Im not getting that much salt. I wil try to eat more of it.

I also heard that a low amount of iron could be a problem. But where do I find it? Chocolate, of course, but...

Comment

Low iron is never the problem, especially since you're male. You might just need to eat more. Also, aspirin and niacinamide do wonders to boost my body temperature.

Are your hands and feet particularly cold?
          Make America Great Again

Comment

No, I have no problem with feets or hands although i smoke.

Eating more is not as easy as it sounds, but I will try it. Or just add more fat to everything.

Comment

I usually have the opposite problem, I feel too hot especially after eating, so I do everything to cool down, taking cold showers throughout the day etc! And it doesen't help that I live in a tropical climate...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

It sounds like your body has downregulated your metabolism. I had something similar and I ascribed it to a combination if IF, insufficient carbs and insufficient calories.

I added a small amount of carbs back in (about a potato a day), and resumed eating breakfast, and started taking Nori (kelp) and Brazil Nuts for Iodine and Selenium respectively. All of those things combined made me noticeably warmer. On days when I have a heavy cream dessert, I feel 'hot' that night (meaning my body is upregulating my metabolism in response to the excess calories).
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Are you iron deficient, anemic? If so you must take an iron supplement. There's on other choice. Eat 1/2 lb liver for breakfast every morning.
                  "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by ruhrpotter View Post
                    No, I have no problem with feets or hands although i smoke.

Eating more is not as easy as it sounds, but I will try it. Or just add more fat to everything.
                    Never mind the carbs/no carbs debate. There is the problem right there. Lose the cigs, Dude. Nicotine is a system wide depressant. It may not have bothered you as much when you were a young pup, but now that you're all grown up, it's getting you. Please, for the love of Grok. Quit. Just quit.

Comment

Yes, I know I have to quit...

Breakfast is hard for me. I get up early and I never wake up and feel good/fresh. Really never!

So its hard to eat. Sometimes I have Yoghurt and nuts. At the weekend its eaasier.
                      Or I put cream and butter into my coffee.

Comment

We live roughly around the same area and, yes, it's being quite cold for this time of the year, I want spring to finally kick in! I also tend to feel quite cold, but it might have to do with the fact that I'm from a warmer country so maybe I'm not totally adjusted yet. So far, I've only managed to battle the cold with warm showers, warm pumpkin/carrot soups (with a bunch of hot spices!!) and just jumping up and down until I feel warmed up... I'll consider following some of the advise I've read here!

Comment

Originally posted by tdugmen View Post
                          We live roughly around the same area and, yes, it's being quite cold for this time of the year, I want spring to finally kick in! I also tend to feel quite cold, but it might have to do with the fact that I'm from a warmer country so maybe I'm not totally adjusted yet. So far, I've only managed to battle the cold with warm showers, warm pumpkin/carrot soups (with a bunch of hot spices!!) and just jumping up and down until I feel warmed up... I'll consider following some of the advise I've read here!
                          Any recipes, by chance? Our weather here is rather like yours at the moment.
                          Last edited by Terry H; 03-28-2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ruhrpotter View Post
                            Yes, I know I have to quit...

Breakfast is hard for me. I get up early and I never wake up and feel good/fresh. Really never!

So its hard to eat. Sometimes I have Yoghurt and nuts. At the weekend its eaasier.
                            Or I put cream and butter into my coffee.
                            Smoking can be contributing to your coldness because it's vasoconstrictive. I smoke though, and don't really have this problem unless I lower my metabolism via lack of calories and low carbs.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Ok, about soups... I rarely follow a recipe, since I tend to use veggies that catch my eye in the market.
                              For the last weeks, my carrot soup has had carrots (about a kilo), a couple of leeks (greens and all), a fresh beet root (for wonderful colour!), a couple of red peppers, celery root (like 150-200 grams), a couple of hot peppers (choose the ones you like depending on the level of spiciness), 3 garlic cloves and a couple of inches of ginger. I heat a big pot with a generous amount of the fat of my choice (usually olive oil or butter), then I add the carrots (chopped in 3-4, depending on how big they are) and let them get goldeny-brown for about 20 minutes (this step is important, it'll totally change the flavour) then I add the leek and garlic and let it fry for a while, then the rest of the stuff. As liquid I'll add bone broth if I have it available, but water will suffice, enough liquid to cover all the vegetables and 4 cms more. Let it boil happily until everything is tender and blend. Check if the salt content is ok and add a bit of freshly ground black pepper (if you have a bit of Ras-el-hanout, it goes wonderfully with it!). Serve with a swirl of cream (or coconut cream, if you don't do dairy) and a tiny bit of fried bacon for extra crunchiness (add the leftover bacon grease to the mixture!).
                              As you imagine it's not too low carb, but the amounts listed result on about 10 (generous) servings.

For a quick pumpkin one, I just fry some leek or onions with a chili pepper on butter, then roast the pumpkin in the oven until soft and goldeny-brown, add it to the pot with the leek/onion and add my liquid of choice (if there's chicken broth around, it really makes a difference).

Sorry, I'm really not too good at documenting recipes, I'm a bit of a random cook!

Comment

Working...
                              X