Is this a reachable weight loss goal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a reachable weight loss goal?

Woman, 5'5'', 28. I currently weigh 141ish and I am hoping to get to 125 by June 15th. I try to eat primal but I do mess up pretty much daily which I am sure is the reason for my snail paced weight loss but if I really buckle down and get serious do you think my goal is attainable?

Any women with similar stats that care to share your experience? I'm just looking for some motivation or realty check (whatever you can offer0 Thanks
    Last edited by NMA123; 03-27-2013, 08:56 AM.

Well im not a women but I lost 150lbs in 3months so in my opinion I think you can do it!

good luck!!!
    http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

150 in 3 months?! That is amazing WOW!

Comment

what do you think?

messing up daily isn't messing up, its not caring. "oops i cheated on you honey. oops i cheated on you again today. oops i messed up and cheated on you again today. oops, sorry." see what i mean?

Comment

^ Yes, that's correct and obvious. I didn't care enough. Now I plan to be more disciplined and my question is if disciplined is the goal attainable or does anyone here have a similar goal/experience.

Comment

I lost about 12 pounds in the 10 weeks or so leading up to my wedding just with being strict with my diet - which turned out be be primal, though I didn't know it at the time. If you're motivated, I think it's a reasonably easy goal to meet!

Comment

I think your goal is reasonable. 125 would be perfect for your height.

You just have to keep a handle on the portion sizes as well as sticking to the Primal path. Remember both the quality and the quantity of your calories matter.

You can do it if you choose to.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                Remember both the quality and the quantity of your calories matter.
                this.

its reasonable to lose 1-2 lbs of fat per week in a healthy manner. with someone like you who only has a few lbs to lose, i'd say the 1lb per week is more realistic. good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nburgraff View Post
                  Well im not a women but I lost 150lbs in 3months so in my opinion I think you can do it!

good luck!!!
                  Dude what? That's not even possible
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                    Dude what? That's not even possible
                    his blog says it took 6 months. i still find that hard to believe.
                    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I've found that 1lb/week is a reasonable goal for me, as someone 5'5" in my 130s.

Comment

Sounds a bit too fast for me, as your weight drops to a more reasonable level it just stays there in my experience. You might need to hack it, like do VLC or IF pretty much every day.
                        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                          his blog says it took 6 months. i still find that hard to believe.
                          It took me 3 months to lose the weight anf then I finally stabalized after another 3months (6months total for everyhting) and have kept it off for a few years now.
                          http://nickburgraff.com/

Comment

It's a worthy goal, I believe you also need a solid plan for achieving it. Clean out your pantry, buy some eggs, meat and veges and make a primal meal plan. Set aside time to cook and eat, and time to exercise, including some weights.

I'm 5'4" and came down from 64kg to 59 in about the same time frame last year, with primal eating and regular gym classes. I'm 48, so I think you should find it easier.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Originally posted by nburgraff View Post

good luck!!!
                              150lbs in 3months !! how???

Comment

Working...
                              X