• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious on both accounts.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
      We are chemical processes and nothing more.
      I'm too egotistic to believe that. But then again, perhaps it's only a chemical process that makes me that way.
      ---------------
      Last edited by JoanieL; 03-27-2013, 11:34 AM. Reason: part of post in wrong thread
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Serious? Chemical process and nothing more. Please. Haven't you ever heard of souls? You honestly believe your personality is JUST a chemical process? To each their own.... but whoa... To save from an argument on an otherwise great thread, I choose to agree to disagree!

Joanie- are you referring to the soylent thread?

Could have a time and a place.. but.... we already have MREs for those times and places.

Honestly, if I have to choose between a rockin' hot guy made of powder or a lesser attractive guy made out of human (hehe) I would go with the less attractive. I think that's the point you're trying to make, right? I'm having an off "I can't read people's intentions or meanings" type of day.
        The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

Crap.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Gladmorning View Post
            Ok, ok, I'm rambling. But that's my answer.

My father is very aware of our situation. Always has been. He's been talking to us about it for as long as I can remember. In the last two years I have come aware of it as well. There are a lot of issues, and I do not think it will get better before it gets worse. I won't say a lot... but there was an initial reason in which I started this farm, and it had nothing to do with the urge to be dirty and stinky all the time.
            Good Morning, Gladmorning,
            You gave me the "I had a heart attack, you dummy" answer. You got fat and wanted to loose weight. We're all here to either change our weight or get healthy or both. That's the direct, conscious answer. But what is the psychological or unconscious answer. Why did you gain weight in the first place? What problems did that solve? Did it have to do with your father? (I'll bet there were a lot of issues. We all have or had them.)

We're programmed to believe our conscious mind is choosing it's responses. But it's usually our unconscious (parasympathetic) that chooses and acts and our conscious mind just justifies those actions. "I do not think it will get better before it gets worse", is very likely true. You've just past the crises point. It will help to bring into consciousness the causes and resultant changes that are in the process of happening.

God, I hope this doesn't sound condenscending. Does it? I don't mean it to be.
            "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              Ground chicken thighs sound AMAZING.

I'm here (on the site) because I'm looking for a cure for my anxiety and depression, foremost. I'm also here because I need people to talk to. I have a lot in my head and nowhere for it to go. I get really bored at work sometimes and this is my only outlet during the day.
              So, why are you anxious and depressed.? (No medical or bio-chemical answers.)
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                I'm here because I'm looking to become healthy having had a heart attack four years ago. Physicians don't understand that desire
                Why did you have a heart attack? What problems that the heart attack solve?

Comment

I got fat because I had a crappy diet of cheap food because I grew up in poverty. Also, I am a toe-walker, which disables me from running and jumping. I broke my arm when I was in 3rd grade (or there abouts) and it took a lot of wind out of wanting to BE physical. I broke it when I slipped off the monkey bars because I had finally figured out how to do them for the first time and then I did it a bunch and fell. That also bored a lesson into not exerting effort into things because of a fear of not being good enough anyways. This persisted until 2012.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Tashi View Post
                    I have many demons that I have overcome over the years and a few I am still struggling with.

. . . . . .my anxiety and some physical pain that prevents me from being active. . . . . because I was unhappy . . .found something to look forward to, something to value, to strive for every day. (other than supporting my family) . . . . and not let them begin lazy habits of staying home and DOING nothing.

. . . . realize my dreams of being a healthy family. because changing only myself is not enough.
                    Lots of problems. You're carrying the world on your shoulders and are anxious and angry about it. This is good insight, but more depth needed.

Comment

I am here for cultural indoctrination. If I'm around you guys enough, I will become more like you.

What a silly and, really, selfish reason. We are chemical processes and nothing more.

M.
                      LOLLL! Being like us might not be a healthy goal. Even culturally.

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                        How old are you?
                        Click my name, and then 'About me"

Comment

I got fat because I had a crappy diet of cheap food because I grew up in poverty. Also, I am a toe-walker, which disables me from running and jumping. I broke my arm when I was in 3rd grade (or there abouts) and it took a lot of wind out of wanting to BE physical. I broke it when I slipped off the monkey bars because I had finally figured out how to do them for the first time and then I did it a bunch and fell. That also bored a lesson into not exerting effort into things because of a fear of not being good enough anyways. This persisted until 2012.

M.
                          Doesn't sound like you have any problems, of this type. BTW, what is a toe-walker?

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                            Click my name, and then 'About me"
                            What'd you think about the rest of my post?

Comment

Crypto: My Achilles tendons are too short, which brings my heels permanently off the ground and prevents be from being able to bring my toes upwards towards my shin. Subsequently, that muscle that runs along the shin is weak because I can't really use it. It makes it more difficult to keep balance when still and makes climbing stairs, doing squats and "lifting with my legs" something else. There is no solution, because I am too old for a doctor to want to approve operation on me. I've even tried stretching the tendon with a strap tied around the ball of the foot and hauling back with all I've got. It's like iron, I swear.

M.

EDIT: I do have psychological issues - motivation related, anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                                So, why are you anxious and depressed.? (No medical or bio-chemical answers.)
                                Hm... I didn't know how to answer that. I have always attributed it to a chemical issue. I've been going to therapy regularly for almost a year now, though, so maybe I will have a better answer soon .

One answer could be that my family is incredibly passive aggressive.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X