No announcement yet.

Which book(s) are you reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished "Jurassic Park" yesterday and now I'm about a third of the way into "The Lost World." After that, I think I'll re-read "Dracula."

Comment

These threads always sound so intellectual! I am reading/scanning Engaging Autism by Stanley Greenspan M.D. and just started the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. it is a historical fiction series. I read for escape so my reading is normally urban fantasy with some silly romance thrown in for good measure.
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Physical book (for reading at home): Freedom Riders: 1961 and the Struggle for Racial Justice.

Kindle book (for reading anywhere else): The Land of Painted Caves.
        Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
          Physical book (for reading at home): Freedom Riders: 1961 and the Struggle for Racial Justice.

Kindle book (for reading anywhere else): The Land of Painted Caves.
          I'm curious to see what you'll think of the ending of Painted Caves, considering it's the end of the series.

Comment

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
            These threads always sound so intellectual! I am reading/scanning Engaging Autism by Stanley Greenspan M.D. and just started the Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati. it is a historical fiction series. I read for escape so my reading is normally urban fantasy with some silly romance thrown in for good measure.
            I'll throw it off for you then: I'm currently reading the first Harry Potter book in Chinese. Not very useful vocabulary to learn, but it allows for relaxing while still feeling semi-productive.

Comment

I was about to say, what? No one reads Harry Potter around here? I love that series, and I'm almost 36!

I'm waiting for my copy of Primal Blueprint 21 day total body transformation to get here. I have Primal Blueprint already, but I seem to do better when I have a "program" to follow.

Comment

Well of course I have read Harry Potter...in English though. I just don't even have a desire to try Chinese. Spanish perhaps but not Chinese
                You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                height 5'3
                SW 215 lbs
                CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                LW 172 lbs
                GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Originally posted by boomingno View Post
                  Harpua, not on the rug,

If you haven't already, start reading "Malazan" while you wait for GRRM to finish.
                  how does that series compare to the asoiaf series? i mean, i'm not really into fantasy stuff/dungeons and dragons stuff/etc. it is way out there with that kind of stuff, or is there just a hint of it like in grrm's books?

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                    I'm curious to see what you'll think of the ending of Painted Caves, considering it's the end of the series.
                    I'm getting close to halfway through the book, and it's been better than expected. I waited a long time before buying it, because it had such bad reviews on amazon. Finally gave in to curiosity. I'll let you all know my ultimate reaction when finished.
                    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

I bought it the second it came out, because I just HAD to know what happens to Ayla. I particularly wanted to know if the Zelandonii would try to make any real contact with the Clan, like they'd talked about previously.

Comment

Begun Shutter Island. Unfortunately I watched the film first...

Comment

In the last three weeks:
                          Bring Up The Bodies - Hilary Mantel (pretty darn good)
                          A Place of Greater Safety - Hilary Mantel (amazingly good)
                          Why Be Happy When You Can Be Normal - Jeanette Winterson (fanfuckingtastic, but then I always was a fan, and I'm adopted)
                          Desiring Women - the partnership of Virginia Woolf and Vita Sackville West - Karyn Sproles (kinda crappy, but I've only just started it)
                          Last edited by badgergirl; 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM.
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Nothing related to primal / paleo / nutrition / fitness whatsoever (the internet is enough for that), I am actually (re)reading "La Reine Margot" by Alexandre Dumas (in French).

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                              how does that series compare to the asoiaf series? i mean, i'm not really into fantasy stuff/dungeons and dragons stuff/etc. it is way out there with that kind of stuff, or is there just a hint of it like in grrm's books?
                              Ha! Well, uhhh, I take that back, Malazan may not be for you then :P Lots of magic and dragons... not necessarily in the classic fantasy D&D sense, but still. I kinda prefer the ASOIAF style of subtle magic myself, but I got so annoyed at the pace of GRRMs writing, and Malazan is 10 good sized books and already completed.

Comment

Originally posted by boomingno View Post
                                Ha! Well, uhhh, I take that back, Malazan may not be for you then :P Lots of magic and dragons... not necessarily in the classic fantasy D&D sense, but still. I kinda prefer the ASOIAF style of subtle magic myself, but I got so annoyed at the pace of GRRMs writing, and Malazan is 10 good sized books and already completed.
                                i'll look in to them. thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X