It has helped though, just not a cure. Avoiding high-GI foods helps. There's many other things that help:
- Only using water, or a very gentle soap (I use pure glycerin soap)
- Not over-washing your skin
- Changing your face towel often (the one you use to dry your face, so you aren't rubbing your hair oils into it)
- Changing your pillow case often.
- Not using shampoo: I found that my hair would get "oily" less quickly once I stopped using shampoo. I could finally go a day without it looking bad. Just use water.
- Monitor stress levels: For example, I can be surfing the internet, and not even realize that I'm beginning to feel stressed, just from sitting there too long maybe. So I then get up, and go for a short walk.
- Getting adequate sleep: When I wake up from a good night's sleep, my skin is less red, calmer, and looks like it even healed a bit over night.