Primal living - clutter free - join me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post

eta: i had a great uncle whom nobody had heard from for awhile and people got nervous. called the police, who had to call the fire department to axe their way into his nightmare hoard of stacks of papers and magazine and just STUFF. he'd been dead several days and it took the cops quite some time to find the body in the warren of belongings. <<shudder>>
    Originally posted by Chanda View Post
    Oh my god, that's horrible. If that doesn't make you cut down on your clutter, I don't know what would.
    funny thing about my mom's house, is that the living areas were immaculate, but the basement and attic nearly impassable with boxes and bags and just mountains of stuff. boxes and boxes of unworn clothing and shoes, still with price tags!! every "objet" that had ever been part of a decorating scheme. empty fish tanks and stands, a giant console tv from the 60s that i absolutely could not move, etc. krazee, the stuff i found. it's fascinating when she didn't even know what was down there, but was nonetheless too afraid to let it go.

my uncle had died when i was very small and she always used his story as a cautionary tale to make me clean my room!!

i don't know if this sort of thing runs in families, but man, i have stopped that train cold, lol.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
    X