Electric Meat Grinders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Meat Grinders

I know it would probably be more primal to have a non-electric, but I want an electric one. Does anyone have recommendations?

I've looked on Amazon, but I always like to get the tribe's opinions also. Thanx in advance.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

I have the KitchenAid attachment. It works fairly well, but I think I could find a standalone grinder that would probably work better. For how infrequently I use it, it gets the job done though.

Comment

IF you are going to gring ALOT (more than 10 lb) of meat OFTEN (like monthly etc) an electric one is a good idea. If you are going to do less, then a manual grinder or an attachment to a kitchen aid mixer wtc would do just fine. If you want an electric grinder, look at the Bass Pro Shops website, or Sausage Makers. I have used both places. If your goal is to make sausage, the second site is a better source. They also have fermenting supplies, cheese making supplies etc..... and their prices are pretty reasonable.

Comment

That's right. Depends on usage. If you are going to grind like a whole cow's worth of burger a year, get a really good electric grinder, 3/4 to 1 hp in size, with reverse and all the sausage stuffing attachments. If you are just grinding like a steak at a time into a couple burgers, get a hand-grinder.

The big ones are too much a pain in the butt to get out, set up, and clean for a small batch. The little ones will kill you trying to grind more than 5 pounds, but are super easy to set up and clean.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions!

Otzi, I think I'm going to go for one that I can grow into. I'll remember horsepower when I look. I dream of becoming a sausage maker extraordinaire.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Sorry to shamelessly bump my own thread, but what do you all think about this one?

Amazon.com: [Top Holiday Deal] Sunmile 1.3HP 8# UL Electric Meat Grinder 315W Rated Power/1000W Max Power SM-G70 W/Stainless Steel Cutting Blade and Stainlesss Steel Cutting Plates, UL Certificated and 1-Year Manufacturer Warranty (Gray): Home & Kitc

B*tch-lite

Comment

I think if you want to become an expert sausage maker, you'll want one like this:
              Amazon.com: LEM Products .75 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder: Home & Kitchen

The one you linked is a very light duty home model good for small batches and it will be very frustrating to use, clog easily, and jam up if the pieces are too big. The one I linked, you can throw a whole roast and a tennis shoe in and it will grind like crazy.

If you are just getting started, try out the $69 model, and if you like making sausage and grinding meat, consider an upgrade to the bigger model later.

I grind up about 500lbs of moose and several other animals a year, I used hand-grinders for years until I got fed up and bought a big industrial model.

Comment

I have this one: Amazon.com: "STX TURBOFORCE 3000 SERIES" - 3 SPEED - 3000 WATT PEAK OUTPUT POWER - ELECTRIC MEAT GRINDER - 3 "STAINLESS STEEL" CUTTING BLADES - 3 "TEMPERED STEEL" GRINDING PLATES - KUBBE/KIBBE ATTACHEMENT & A SET OF 3 SIZES OF SAUSAGE STUFFING TUBES!

It does the trick for the limited amount of time I have used it. The cheap plastic plunger is useless so I had to make a new one on a lathe out of maple.

I have seen something that looked very comparable at our local Costco for <$100

Otzi, yours looks like the bomb.
                Last edited by OneDeltaTenTango; 03-25-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

If you are going to make a bunch of sausage, you need a meat mixer. I have this one, and it makes sausage making a whoooole lot easier;
                  TSM 20Lb. Stainless Steel Meat Mixer - The Sausage Maker, Inc.

And you will want a suasage stuffer. I have this one

5Lb. Sausage Stuffer, Cast Iron - The Sausage Maker, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                    Otzi, yours looks like the bomb.
                    Got it at Sportsman's Warehouse in Anchorage.

Comment

Dang, Otzi, I think that thing has a higher blue book value than my car! (No joke, three years ago, my car only had a blue book value of $650.) It does look like it would surely get the job done.

You all are awesome. Between the recommendations here, and my looking at Azon, I have price points ranging from $70 to $400. I'll do a little more research and see which will both suit my current needs and allow me to grow into it. Thank you!

B*tch-lite

Comment

No matter which one you buy, here's an idea for your first grind: buy best ribeye steak you can find, trim any gristle, but not the fat, mix with a bit of salt and pepper, make a burger patty and grill it medium rare. Top with cheddar cheese and slightly carmelized onions. Eat it wrapped in a big lettuce leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by otzi View Post
                          I think if you want to become an expert sausage maker, you'll want one like this:
                          Amazon.com: LEM Products .75 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder: Home & Kitchen

The one you linked is a very light duty home model good for small batches and it will be very frustrating to use, clog easily, and jam up if the pieces are too big. The one I linked, you can throw a whole roast and a tennis shoe in and it will grind like crazy.

If you are just getting started, try out the $69 model, and if you like making sausage and grinding meat, consider an upgrade to the bigger model later.

I grind up about 500lbs of moose and several other animals a year, I used hand-grinders for years until I got fed up and bought a big industrial model.
                          i agreed with you about LEM products, i think for single user, that is the best meat grinder, with my family using STX 3000 TF Turboforce, everyday my wife and i grind up to 80 pounds.

Comment

i think STX 3000 TF Turboforce is best for a family

Comment

Working...
                            X