What to put my Marmite on??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to put my Marmite on??

Hey fellow Kiwis, Marmite is back!!! I should be thrilled. BUT since it went out of production I discovered primal and stopped eating toast. So.....what are you going to put your Marmite on?
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Morning Annie - yeehaa, Marmite is back !!!!!! I will be in to get some today.
    DD in america has been desperate for me to send some over - so it will be in the mail today (if I find any)
    Many years ago I used to drink it Annie. It made a really nice hot savoury drink.
    I am also going to try my bread recipe with almond and potato flour - just to see if it works, so it could be yummy on that?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

You should put it "On the grooooound!!!!"
      http://www.thelonelyisland.com/video...-on-the-ground

Just kidding. I have never tried Marmite, but I have heard some people say they find it disgusting. I just thought this was too good of a thread title to pass up using this video.

Comment

I just stick a little on some cucumber. (Pre-paleo I liked marmite and cucumber sandwiches!)

Comment

Yup, marmite's back, but I find it a bit gross. But I know someone who puts it on a slice of cheese....:P
          Didn't know you were a kiwi, Annieh!

Comment

Ahhh...thankgoodness Marmigeddon is over! I've been thinking of whipping up some almond crackers or maybe some coconut bread. Acutally I'll probably just fold and have some with Vogels toast and lots of butter - some things just can't be paleofied.

Comment

Heh, we gave our residual Marmite supplies away to starving 'others' a couple of weeks ago.

They said 'we know what we're having on our toast tommorrow morning!', and I felt bad for them.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                Heh, we gave our residual Marmite supplies away to starving 'others' a couple of weeks ago.
                Oh you are good, it was a public service really.

I actually stole a jar from the pantry at work! Must remember to replace it now that I can.

Just don't read the ingredients list, full of unpronouncables and other horrors.

Comment

Yum, lettuce & marmite sammies. My favourite school lunch many moons ago. Oh & cheese & marmite on crackers.
                  Vogels toast and lots of butter - Lizzielou this is the best !! Butter dripping down your arm with marmite melting on the hot vogels. Don't think I could trust myself with a loaf of vogels so might have to be coconut bread. drool.

Comment

we cant eat it as it has gluten in so we have to have the pommie version "our mate". it's nice on cheese and any of the faleo bread subs when they are toasted. you can add it to things like tomato sauces to make them more meaty tasting too. kinda like the vegans do.

Comment

Is Marmite the same thing as Vegemite? And why was it gone and now back?

Forgive the clueless Yank questions.

Comment

Hi PB - some people say that it tastes like vegemite - but most of us say - it does not !!!!!
                        The Sanitarium Factory was badly damaged in the earthquakes here in Christchurch - so its great that its now back on the supermarket shelves
                        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Is Marmite the same thing as Vegemite? And why was it gone and now back?

Forgive the clueless Yank questions.
                          Noooooooooooooooooooo. Not the same.

They are the same in the same way that the Red Sox and the Yankees are the same. Or the same way that the Lakers and the Clippers are the same. Or Almond flour and coconut flour being the same.
                          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

A bit with scrambled eggs but confess I have the V in my pantry not the M.

Comment

I'm a vegemite fan, so I use vegemite on celery sticks. Delicious... As we know Vegemite and Marmite are vastly different and I couldn't touch Marmite to try it myself, but maybe celery would work for Marmite too? :-)

Hmmmmm Vogels and Vegemite and butter, Hmmmmm Vogels under a poached egg, Hmmmm toasted vogels and sardines with salt and pepper...

I'm so glad I there is no Vogels in Australia.... I think I would be tempted more often. Do Vogels know they make the best bread in the world? When I lived in England I used to get friends to bring it over - I could buy Vegemite at the NZ Shop next to the NZ embassy, but they didn't stock Vogels.

Comment

Working...
                              X