No announcement yet.

Primal Blog Domain - I Need YOUR Input!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Blog Domain - I Need YOUR Input!

As some of you know... I own an acne blog. But, it has not gone anywhere.

Over the past few months I continue to gain a strong interest in Primal living. I am currently engaging in a 4 week primal experiment and it is going really well. My carb intake is higher then I want it to be, but I am being patient and working at it everyday.

I have decided that I am going to start a primal blog. It will be my journey with it. I now have 5 months of blogging experience under my belt so I know I can get this one off and running in no time.

But, I need your input on a domain name. I love the following 3...

toadsprimaljourney.com
    toadsprimalliving.com
    toadsprimallifestyle.com

You may be thinking... why Toad? Well, my name is Todd but my siblings called me Toad during my childhood. I hated it then, but would love it now if people started calling me Toad again. To me its funny and I like a good laugh.

Also... by living primally I will be sort of "leaping" back in time ya know? Toads leap too. So it goes well together.

So, what do you think of the above 3 domain names? Do you have any other ideas? I want to register my domain this weekend so please chime in!

Thanks guys,

Toad
    Last edited by Primal Toad; 04-16-2010, 03:58 AM. Reason: Bold needed
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

I vote for the first, if for no other reason I don't like double L's in domain names. Very easy to read it only as one L, resulting in a 404.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal View Post
      I vote for the first, if for no other reason I don't like double L's in domain names. Very easy to read it only as one L, resulting in a 404.
      yep. those were my first thoughts as well.
      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Thanks guys! I actually agree with you 100% and so does my family.

But, what about a shorter domain? I am liking this one the best now...

PrimalToad.com

So, it comes down to 2 domain names: I will be choosing Saturday.

1. PrimalToad.com
        2. ToadsPrimalJourney.com

Thanks!

Comment

theprimaltoad.com?

Comment

I like "the" in there... something to think about... so we have 3 now...

1. PrimalToad.com
            2. ThePrimalToad.com
            3. ToadsPrimalJourney.com

Anyone.. which one is your fav?

Mark,

What do you think?

Comment

clever.

Comment

toadsprimaljourney.com

My .02 for what its worth!
                Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

Originally posted by MyPrimalLife View Post
                  theprimaltoad.com?
                  Like.

That said - I hate the word "acne" and the word "toad." When I hear the word "toad" I instantly think of that Suriname toad and I feel physically sick. But that's just me and I know it's a little weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Suki View Post
                    Like.

That said - I hate the word "acne" and the word "toad." When I hear the word "toad" I instantly think of that Suriname toad and I feel physically sick. But that's just me and I know it's a little weird.
                    I hate the word acne as well.

Not a fan of Toad... well it's my nickname

Is Todd better?

I say no... but maybe? Anyone?

1. ThePrimalTodd.com (ehhh)
                    2. PrimalTodd.com
                    3. ToddsPrimalJourney.com (best one I think if I use Todd)

I'll think about it... but, a Toad will be part of my logo and all that good stuff Toads have been part of my life forever. My sister loved Toads (maybe just frogs) as a child... I always picked Toad for Mario Kart, etc.

Thanks again guys for your input! This community is too cool

Comment

One more thing...

My friends call me Dooze or Dosen since my last name is Dosenberry.

My middle name is Barrett - if anyone likes this let me know.

Time to go to the gym. I will check back in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosenberry View Post
                        I hate the word acne as well.

Not a fan of Toad... well it's my nickname

Is Todd better?

I say no... but maybe? Anyone?

1. ThePrimalTodd.com (ehhh)
                        2. PrimalTodd.com
                        3. ToddsPrimalJourney.com (best one I think if I use Todd)

I'll think about it... but, a Toad will be part of my logo and all that good stuff Toads have been part of my life forever. My sister loved Toads (maybe just frogs) as a child... I always picked Toad for Mario Kart, etc.

Thanks again guys for your input! This community is too cool
                        Toad is definitely better than Todd in terms of domain names. theprimaltoad.com is a good domain name. Maybe if you made the toad look more like a frog I'd actually check out your site!

Funny - I've only known one "Todd" in my life and that was in primary school. We called him "Todd the toad."

Comment

Originally posted by Suki View Post
                          Toad is definitely better than Todd in terms of domain names. theprimaltoad.com is a good domain name. Maybe if you made the toad look more like a frog I'd actually check out your site!

Funny - I've only known one "Todd" in my life and that was in primary school. We called him "Todd the toad."
                          Haha, that's awesome and made my day.

Comment

Just a thought, but you want the blog name to be easily searchable, right? I don't think anyone associates "toad" with "primal" except you. It's best to de-personalize your name choice. Think more about how people will find you, not what feels right to you on a personal level. Think about online businesses that have been highly successful, and you'll be hard pressed to find a company that includes the founder's name. I know a blog is different from a business, but the concept is similar. I say leave your name out of it completely. Especially a name like "toad" that has no primal connotation whatsoever. Instead, think about names for your blog that focus on what you're trying to accomplish, what your content is going to be, who you want to find you, and what you want as an end result. I say start your name choice journey over again. Just my experienced two cents.

Comment

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

But, there are hundreds of examples of personalized domain names that are highly successful? Guess what my favorite is...

MarksDailyApple.com

And, Toad does have to do with primal. Toads hop, leap, etc. I am on a journey of leaping back in time.

Also, I think I will have an advantage if I personalize it in a unique way. I need to go with my gut on this one and stick with Toad. I love it too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X