Primal attractiveness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal attractiveness

Ancestrally speaking, wouldn't Grok and Grokette find underfatted individuals unattractive and undesirable as mates?

Is today's obsession with six pack abs and sub 15-20 percent body fat comparable to the modern draw to soda and other processed 'foods?' I think so.

Just like with primal macros, people need to get over the brainwashing that coerces us to believe fat is bad.

*Obviously, I'm not talking about the obese, the skinny fat, or the bloated.

so like how my cats are well muscled but have swinging belly pouches? I always call my Job a sexy man and so handsome when I see his belly swing.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Having a 6 pack doesn't make you "underfatted". It isn't bad for your health, so as long as you don't stress or obsess about it I see no reason not to pursue leanness.

Comment

Yeah. I'm with you.

Found this, you might enjoy the read.

Men prefer average sized women over fashion models and Playboy centrefolds, claim scientists - Telegraph

Our instincts keep us human and sometimes honest to what's worth looking at.

What I'm sad about is that this link might set another bar for women to worry about their image, "maybe I'm not healthy/full/curvy enough," et cetera.

I wish we could all just appreciate and nourish our bodies and the moments our bodies allow us to have. Healthy, happy without the "perfect" or "permanent"... cause we all know those "p-words" just aren't natural.

Comment

It sure is bad for your health if you suddenly require stored energy in the real world. There is a reason that lower BMI is associated with higher mortality vs. the average to slightly overweight.

Fighting illness, bearing and nursing a child, surviving an interruption of food availability are reasons to avoid playing with fire just for the sake of fake modern ideals of attractiveness.

If eating ancestrally is healthy for the individual, so is having the ability to recognize healthful attractiveness. Don't be fooled by modern media- the same entities pushing processed garbage 'food.'

Comment

Yes, interesting. This reminded me of a study that had men rate the attractiveness of women's faces. The computer created composite (the average of the real faces) was always rated most attractive.

Originally posted by Beachman View Post
            Yeah. I'm with you.

Found this, you might enjoy the read.

Men prefer average sized women over fashion models and Playboy centrefolds, claim scientists - Telegraph

Our instincts keep us human and sometimes honest to what's worth looking at.

What I'm sad about is that this link might set another bar for women to worry about their image, "maybe I'm not healthy/full/curvy enough," et cetera.

I wish we could all just appreciate and nourish our bodies and the moments our bodies allow us to have. Healthy, happy without the "perfect" or "permanent"... cause we all know those "p-words" just aren't natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
              so like how my cats are well muscled but have swinging belly pouches? I always call my Job a sexy man and so handsome when I see his belly swing.
              Lol, relying on indicators of feline attractiveness is like relying on nutritionally interventional rabbit studies.

Comment

Originally posted by NowhereMan View Post
                Having a 6 pack doesn't make you "underfatted". It isn't bad for your health, so as long as you don't stress or obsess about it I see no reason not to pursue leanness.
                It sure is bad for your health if you suddenly require stored energy in the real world. There is a reason that lower BMI is associated with higher mortality vs. the average to slightly overweight.

Fighting illness, bearing and nursing a child, surviving an interruption of food availability are reasons to avoid playing with fire just for the sake of fake modern ideals of attractiveness.

If eating ancestrally is healthy for the individual, so is having the ability to recognize healthful attractiveness. Don't be fooled by modern media- the same entities pushing processed garbage 'food.'

Comment

Lol, relying on indicators of feline attractiveness is like relying on nutritionally interventional rabbit studies.
                  why? I think its an apt analogy- a prehistorical hunter chief would probably look like my job (it's actually spelled Gob like the character in arrested development), as in, be broad and powerfully developed as shit, but covered in a swinging loose layer of chubby reserves. Why wouldn't that be sexy to cave ladies? Muscled women with fat asses are hot to me...
                  "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by iconoclast79 View Post
                    Ancestrally speaking, wouldn't Grok and Grokette find underfatted individuals unattractive and undesirable as mates?

Is today's obsession with six pack abs and sub 15-20 percent body fat comparable to the modern draw to soda and other processed 'foods?' I think so.

Just like with primal macros, people need to get over the brainwashing that coerces us to believe fat is bad.

*Obviously, I'm not talking about the obese, the skinny fat, or the bloated.
                    How about just get over body image in general and get hornier. Grok didn't have a damn clue what he looked like except for the rare sunset when he looks into the still lakewater and sees his dad, Mufasa.

I would say about 90-95% of women are attractive to me at least on some level. This has the unintended benefit of what happened for Shallow Hal too...

I think the male is going to innately generally be a little more vain about his appearance because it's the female that's choosing who to sleep with. Unless you go the Genghis Khan route; then it doesn't matter what you look like. The less horny a certain race is, the more vain a female is going to have to be in order to make sure she has enough choices.
                    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-15-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

I checked over the training/eating regimen of the guys who played the Spartans in 300. What they did to achieve that ridiculous physique was to enter a form of starvation mode to emulate the high level of physical exercise, combined with not really eating enough, that the actual spartan soldiers would've experienced. They stayed just on their lower limit of how many calories they needed individually - for months of training. Tough nuts.

I reckon that in a guy, a well defined six pack and the likes would've been a primal indicator that, hey, this is one hard to crack guy - he have survived periods of starvation and still have some actual muscle, so most likely he's an able guy.

Plus, it's pretty silly to think that women will judge a potential mate from a definite set of standards. There's also the psychology - the whole 'looks like my dad' thing, or whether they live in a forested area where food is common but must be fought for vs. a savannah or desert area where you'd have to walk long distances, aka the strength vs. endurance thing.
                      Last edited by Reindeer; 03-15-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Chinese proverb: thin women for looking at, fat women for lying on.

As a 64 year old male with much varied experience in that field, being of the flower power generation I would concur with the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Reindeer View Post
                          I checked over the training/eating regimen of the guys who played the Spartans in 300. What they did to achieve that ridiculous physique was to enter a form of starvation mode to emulate the high level of physical exercise, combined with not really eating enough, that the actual spartan soldiers would've experienced. They stayed just on their lower limit of how many calories they needed individually - for months of training. Tough nuts.

I reckon that in a guy, a well defined six pack and the likes would've been a primal indicator that, hey, this is one hard to crack guy - he have survived periods of starvation and still have some actual muscle, so most likely he's an able guy.

Plus, it's pretty silly to think that women will judge a potential mate from a definite set of standards. There's also the psychology - the whole 'looks like my dad' thing, or whether they live in a forested area where food is common but must be fought for vs. a savannah or desert area where you'd have to walk long distances, aka the strength vs. endurance thing.
                          You could be onto something with the 6 pack explanation. There might be an element of genetics for which women are attracted to 6 packs because it signifies health and perseverance. However, his competitors were likely skinnier with less muscle, not fatter with more fat. I don't think you would have ever seen obesity in the wild, so there's no reason for our genetic primitive mind to have evolved to like it (even though obesity would logically mean access to tons of food). You would however have seen girthiness, which is like lots of muscle but not super defined because you have protective fat around it. This is closer to my ideal body because you can do anything with it and survive anything. There are slight benefits with the lower bodyfat, 6 pack body such as shaving seconds off of your running or swimming times, but your body is taxed more, you have a harder time staying warm, and it's more crucial to have a consistent food supply.

So if women have possibly a slight disposition to 6 pack men because they are tough and persevere stuff, why do so many guys like girls with the 6 pack abs? Guys are not picking girls for the most part in the primitive mind; they are getting as much as possible. If they did pick girls, they want some fat on her and wide hips for better childbearing. I just had a eureka moment. Maybe the male inherits this trait on their x chromosome that they share with the females. So, it's not a male trait to go for 6 packs. It's just that they share some genes with women because they share the x chromosome.

This brings me to a second eureka moment, albeit a little off topic. Maybe gay men are getting something else from their x chromosome that makes them really like guys?? It would not be a male characteristic, just a shared gene with women that they inherited because they had to take the whole x chromosome. Maybe this particular gene evolved to combat low levels of lesbianism in women???? Why would women have become semi-lesbian? Maybe lesbianism, or liking women, was a gene that evolved for men to want to screw women. Keep in mind folks that the y chromosome is very small, cannot recombine before being sent to kids (unlike the x chromosome), and does not change nearly as much as the x chromosome.

Let's say both sexuality genes are on the x chromosome because they appear to affect men and women. Let's call gene A the one making you want to fuck guys. Let's call gene B the one making you want to fuck girls.
                          -Lots of A and B makes you bisexual
                          -Lots of A and little of B makes you gay as a man or straight as a woman.
                          -Little of A and lots of B makes you straight as a man or gay as a woman.

Now, ask this question: which are the preferable genes for a tribe to survive? In other words, which genes would have been more likely to be reproduced into the future and eventually the current, modern world? Bisexual genes! Lots of A and B takes few risks that many children will be gay or lesbian.

Now ask yourself this question: does the gene pool of the modern world agree with this reasoning? I can only speak anecdotally that: lesbian-ish women seem to have very manly men for kids and for friends (along with lesbian-ish women of course), and gay-ish men seem to have very sexual, straight women for daughters and friends (along with gay-ish men of course).

In conclusion, bisexuality could be considered genetic fitness if everything I said turns out to be correct. Maybe one reason lower bisexuality (specifically the kind of low in A and high in B) appears in certain races is because this combination produces manly men and lesbians, which produce better armies and militaries. Just MAYBE. I'm basing that on the fact that there are lots of races with lower bisexuality frequency. However, sexuality is greatly influenced by the customs of your society. It could be these races just have their bisexuality under wraps.
                          Last edited by wiltondeportes; 03-15-2013, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAtTaree View Post

As a 64 year old male with much varied experience in that field, being of the flower power generation I would concur with the above.
                            I'm going to use that proverb

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAtTaree View Post

And that, ladies and gentlemen is just one reason I like men in their sixties. (Experience, humor.)

On a different note, unless Playboy has changed a lot, I don't remember those women looking like fashion models. The Playboy models were curvy whereas the fashion model is built in a way that showcases clothing. Maybe men are attracted to women they sense they have a shot at. It's the rare Woody Allen type that has the confidence to go after the "prettiest" woman in the room.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                              X