Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menapausal stuff......... HOT flashes!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crossing I'm 3 years passed last period! Loving not having to deal with that anymore!
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

i haven't (yet) had side effects like vaginal dryness, so am wondering if the dong is helping there too?
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Tomi must be too "busy" to post today. Ha ha ha!

Comment

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if someone has mentioned this already. I have heard Traditional Chinese medicine is supposed to be great for balancing hormones, including during menopause.

Comment

Yes - I'm still here! The dong quai has really helped things! Although no action since last weekend cuz I developed a bit of "honeymoon-itis" (UTI) and have been trying to ward that off with cranberry and ACV drinks. But I am looking forward to playtime with hubby this weekend! As for the vag. dryness.......... no longer an issue here either. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

My doc told me acupuncture was really good for hot flashes. Mine are not so intense or as frequent now that I'm taking the EPO and the Black Cohosh - but I think I will give the acupuncture a try. I wonder if they do that at my doctors office? Need to check.
            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
            2. Eat to heal
            3. Move to live
            4. Embrace today
            5. Live with intention
            6. Respect my body
            7. Cultivate joy
            8. Find my passion

Comment

Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
              Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if someone has mentioned this already. I have heard Traditional Chinese medicine is supposed to be great for balancing hormones, including during menopause.

much of this thread is about exactly that.

Originally posted by tomi View Post
              My doc told me acupuncture was really good for hot flashes.
              a nurse friend swears by acupuncture for hers. then again, she refuses to try any chinese herbs (because she's a nurse, lol) and has her quadruple by-pass husband on a super-low-fat, almost vegetarian and soy-heavy diet. cw brainwashing for sure.[
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Mmmm I think I need that Dong stuff LOL
                Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Originally posted by Trghacy
                  I would suggest a saliva test to determine where you are.
                  lol, i don't need a saliva test to tell me i'm in boston! hahaha.

this is a good one.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

this thread makes me giggle!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

Very late on this thread, but being in the throes of hot flashes, I did some searching on the forum and this came up. Along with some dietary advice from TQP, I'm intrigued about the Dong Quai and if it really was the miracle cure you were hoping for tomi.

Comment

Working...
                      X