X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwyneth in trouble over carbs

Iv just seen this, it makes interesting reading

Gwyneth Paltrow bans kids from eating carbohydrates | The Sun |Showbiz
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

She's been on some weird diets, what else is or isn't she eating?
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
      She's been on some weird diets, what else is or isn't she eating?
      Read the article, basically no bread or pasta etc
      Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Height 5'9"
      Start weight 200lb
      Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Yeah, she is militant about her food but it is so wrong to deny growing kids carbs.
        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
          Yeah, she is militant about her food but it is so wrong to deny growing kids carbs.
          She is only cutting out wheat, they will be getting carbs in other ways im sure. The news papers are classic at mis quoting everything to get a headline.

Height 5'9"
          Start weight 200lb
          Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Nope. She is into juicing and cleanses and has this horrible lifestyle magazine apparently aimed at people who can afford $500 T-shirts. It's called GOOP. The woman is insane.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
              Nope. She is into juicing and cleanses and has this horrible lifestyle magazine apparently aimed at people who can afford $500 T-shirts. It's called GOOP. The woman is insane.
              I see no problem with a $500 T shirt and long as its gluton free

Height 5'9"
              Start weight 200lb
              Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Seekins View Post
                She is only cutting out wheat, they will be getting carbs in other ways im sure. The news papers are classic at mis quoting everything to get a headline.
                Read a similar article. Terrible journalism.
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with taking your kids off of food you know is unhealthy. We know pasta's unhealthy, right? That's why we're here. I'm not going to judge someone that's basically doing the same things I'm doing. I'm sure her children get plenty to eat and "But she admitted her family was sometimes “left with that specific hunger that comes with avoiding carbs”" to me means that they're having cravings. Not starving.
                  be the hair that knots with my hair
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

It's not impossible that, knowing her, she's doing the right thing for the wrong reason. She's done some crazy diets and she doesn't look particularly healthy.

Comment

There are some good comments on that article; but outclassed by the sheer number of stupid comments.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        She's done some crazy diets and she doesn't look particularly healthy.
                        She doesn't look too shabby to me for a 40yr old mother of 2. Her own comment was specific to gluten/wheat, so it doesn't sound to me like she cut all carbs out.

Comment

Originally posted by specsAreGrok View Post
                          She doesn't look too shabby to me for a 40yr old mother of 2. Her own comment was specific to gluten/wheat, so it doesn't sound to me like she cut all carbs out.
                          It would surprise me greatly if the next change to her diet was one we would consider healthy. That is not her pattern.

Comment

I think the bit that struck me was the very fact that cutting out wheat and bread was branded as cutting out carbs..its clearly only a few sources of carbs available. I'v come to realise I eat a lot more carbs than I realised, but none of them comprise of wheat or pasta. Im deffo not on a low carb diet, just differnt kinds of carbs than I used to be.

Height 5'9"
                            Start weight 200lb
                            Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              It would surprise me greatly if the next change to her diet was one we would consider healthy. That is not her pattern.
                              I assume your basing your information from the press who love to mis quote to get a headline.
                              Last edited by Richard Seekins; 03-14-2013, 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Height 5'9"
                              Start weight 200lb
                              Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Working...
                              X