Gwyneth in trouble over carbs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard Seekins View Post
    I think the bit that struck me was the very fact that cutting out wheat and bread was branded as cutting out carbs..
    Ditto. Sensationalism!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

I think she looks fantastic for her age. I'll have what she's having.
      be the hair that knots with my hair
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

The only thing from the article that I was confused about was the statement that carbs are necessary for a developing brain. I thought only fat was necessary for that...

Comment

I hate it when the media or individuals use the word "carbs" when in fact they mean starches and grains. Some glucose is necessary for a developing brain, but the amount needed would easily be covered by vegetables, organ meats and/or breast milk.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
            I hate it when the media or individuals use the word "carbs" when in fact they mean starches and grains.
            This.
            be the hair that knots with my hair
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

the sun is a sensationalist tabloid, for sure. but if you click the contained link, in 2011, ms goop was serving lunch in her garden and thought she was having a stroke. instead, she was diagnosed as severely anemic and vitamin d deficient -- as a result of her oh-so-healthy diet. SO:

she Gwyneth, the wife of Coldplay star Chris Martin, cut out coffee, eggs, sugar, shellfish, potatoes, wheat and meat.
              no arguments from me about cutting out the wheat, but does the lady live on flounder and kale? how is this making her "healthy"? yet i am quite sure millions read her blog and do her cleanses and detoxes and such.

bollocks.

and ok, so no spaghetti for her kids, but if her "healthy" diet excludes all those foods, what on earth is she feeding her dna?

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
              X