Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent reflux...ditching coffee and maybe redwine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to have terrible acid reflux but it vanished when I started doing the Paleo thing. Its hard to say what I was causing it. I did notice the thinner I got the less I had it.
    Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
    Height 5'9"
    Start weight 200lb
    Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
    Goal was 168lb's

Comment

My first batch of kefir is done and both my daughter and I really like it, especially with a bit of Stevia and some cinnamon or vanilla. Really hoping that getting more cultured foods will help the reflux. Laying off the coffee seems to have helped already.
      True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
      The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Originally posted by TornadoGirl View Post
        My first batch of kefir is done and both my daughter and I really like it, especially with a bit of Stevia and some cinnamon or vanilla. Really hoping that getting more cultured foods will help the reflux. Laying off the coffee seems to have helped already.
        That's exactly how I like my kefir, I use a few drops of vanilla flavored stevia drops. Mmm. I was so surprised that it helped so quickly, I went from gnawing stomach pain and mostly silent reflux (burping acid occasionally) back to normal in just a week or so. I had my EGD today and even though I quit taking PPI's a year and 1/2 ago (when I went Primal) my Barrett's has not gotten any worse, hooray!

Comment

Working...
        X