Fat lumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat lumps

OK so this is something ive wondered about for years now, and am hoping someone else has experienced this.
    Every time I have lost weight no matter the method, I notice under my skin little bumps.
    Particularly in areas that have a lot of fat, belly overhang, arms near my armpits and inner thighs. Some are hard, some are squishy and if you push hard enough you can feel them kind of "pop" that does leave a bruise on me too if that happens.
    I have googled a few times now but can never find anything.

Are these lumps fat? and these are what shrink when you lose weight?

Its really been bugging me that I don't know, but have only just started noticing them again as everything is loosening up again.

Surely I am not the only one who knows what I am talking about?

I don't notice them when I have more fat, only as I am losing. There are lots of them, not just a few.
    So you don't think its something to do with fat?

Comment

The bruises only come when I squeeze them, which I was doing when I first felt them, but not now.

Comment

it is mentioned in this article I just found
        Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Also found a thread on another forum about others discussing it. I don't think its something to worry about but its just weird.

Comment

I've never experienced this that I can recall. I suppose I may not have noticed though. I'l going to reading the "of whooshes" link...
          The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

Interesting information on whooshes. Kinda explains why I suddenly lost 3 pounds over night after not losing anything for a week. Fat leaves, water replaces it, then the water leaves. Interesting.
            The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

I have this right now on my stomach and under my arms. The bumps seem to appear right before weight loss in that area. Right now my stomach looks like it's covered in hundreds of tiny round fat lumps just under the surface.
              be the hair that knots with my hair
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

LV that is how I would describe it. And only feel it in the areas with loose skin. Like my butt and outer thighs I don't feel them.

Comment

Yes! And those are the two areas where I feel....flabby? Just loose wiggly flab. Before I started to lose weight my stomach was totally smooth, and then I lost weight and now my stomach is covered with these little round balls under the skin. It was very disconcerting at first but I think it will melt away.
                  be the hair that knots with my hair
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Working...
                  X