New global anti-cat hysteria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New global anti-cat hysteria

Did they have some kinda power-point presentation at the last Bildeberg council about how cats are a threat to the globalization of resource-allocation?

Last month maybe, I read an article about a movement in New Zealand hyping some new proposals to make places cat free because of the impact of cats on the bird population! the article was filled with bullshit.

So I read it and just thought, "Wow kiwis are dumb as shit," and stopped thinking about it.

But last week I saw a similar article in my own local paper! The madness is spreading. It has to be from a source that is coordinating some kind of anti-cat thing.

the UN can fuck with a lot of shit without me taking to the streets armed and angry, but if I start seeing some kind of cat roundup, I will be murdering animal control workers in lightning guerilla partisan ambushes for real.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

The idea that cats predate and have an impact on bird populations is nothing new. It is irresponsible to allow domestic cats to do this. I keep my cats inside at all times.

Comment

The idea that cats predate and have an impact on bird populations is nothing new. It is irresponsible to allow domestic cats to do this. I keep my cats inside at all times.
      LOL!

I am actually literally laughing at you, for the record. haha grok on!
      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

what is irresponsible about it? That would imply that I am responsible for the bird population, even at the cost of confining their natural predators...

lol what?!

Comment

What do you have against endangered species? The number of cats hunting in the woods would be small were it not for people feeding them and then shooing them out the door. There is no natural balance involved here.

Comment

LOL is that like, a Family Guy joke about the invocation of "the children?"

What do you have against cats that you would impose a life sentence on them for no reason?

Comment

I hate it when I have planted my seeds (in the past when I kept a vegetable garden) and some stupid cat comes along scratches the hell out of my garden bed and shits in it.

I like it that where we live now there are eagles and owls that help keep the cat population down, but I still see them, so I think there must not be enough eagles and owls.
              Female, age 51, 5' 9"
              SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
              2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

wouldnt it be like, literal insanity, to say, "the cat population is under attack by natural predators! Kill the eagles!"

Comment

LOL I should have expected this reception from the same people that say that they love condoms. Why is the Primal meme so populated with anal-retentive anti-nature despisers of life?

I bet it's the proliferation of corny bacon and pig sacrifice jokes. I knew that shit was intentional.

Comment

(duplicate)

Comment

Leave the kitties alone!!!!!

My cat is almost all indoor. I've seen him catch chipmunk few times, even once brought one inside the house. He never kills anything though.
                      But if he decides to kill whatever animal or bird, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                        I hate it when I have planted my seeds (in the past when I kept a vegetable garden) and some stupid cat comes along scratches the hell out of my garden bed and shits in it.

I like it that where we live now there are eagles and owls that help keep the cat population down, but I still see them, so I think there must not be enough eagles and owls.
                        bamboo skewers are good cat butt deterrents

annoying to use but effective, i wouldn't want to squat on a stake pit either
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

Clearly the OP has little knowledge of the world outside Noo Joyzie but for his edification:

New Zealand, being an isolated group of islands, has no native mammals so introduced species such as rats, possums and particularly cats wreak havoc on the native animals that do exist. Many birds are ground living - as they had no native predators - so cats are pretty catastrophic (yeah) especially when they go feral.

So Kiwis are not dumb - the kiwi is actually a large flightless bird and would no doubt be a good feed for Fluffles if you let him out. Australia where I live also has a feral cat population and kitty hunting in national parks is a popular sport. Boom, oh watch it's head explode. In the USA of course you have real kick ass native predators that love cat if they can get hold of one, so the problem doesn't really exist.

Comment

Fuck off Australia. You should worry more about the spiders there wiping you out than stray cats.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAtTaree View Post
                              Clearly the OP has little knowledge of the world outside Noo Joyzie but for his edification:

New Zealand, being an isolated group of islands, has no native mammals so introduced species such as rats, possums and particularly cats wreak havoc on the native animals that do exist. Many birds are ground living - as they had no native predators - so cats are pretty catastrophic (yeah) especially when they go feral.

So Kiwis are not dumb - the kiwi is actually a large flightless bird and would no doubt be a good feed for Fluffles if you let him out. Australia where I live also has a feral cat population and kitty hunting in national parks is a popular sport. Boom, oh watch it's head explode. In the USA of course you have real kick ass native predators that love cat if they can get hold of one, so the problem doesn't really exist.
                              Thankyou my dear! I'm sure if I came on here and made the statement that "wow American's are dumb as shit" I'd be slammed in a major way, its just plain rude. So instead I'm going to say "wow Mr.Perfidy is dumb as shit" because he clearly has no idea how bady decimated our native wildlife have been by the introduction of domestic cats to NZ.

I am a cat lover, and my cats roam free outside and yet I do agree in general with this 'movement'. If you read closely though, the real problem is feral/wild cats whose population is growing unchecked who are largely unfed so resort to catching native prey. Thankfully my two fluffles are not the problem we are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X