It sucks being healthy!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    One of the best parts about this forum is threads like this don't get locked and the trainwreck just keeps happening. 32 pages of entertainment so far.
    I know. When I'm done at work I am definitely going to have to catch up because wow.

Comment

• how can one use 'down to earth' in such a way that it could look like a celebration of stupidity?

i'm always looking for new insults
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        how can one use 'down to earth' in such a way that it could look like a celebration of stupidity?

Someone who flunked out of an astronaut program?

Comment

how can one use 'down to earth' in such a way that it could look like a celebration of stupidity?

The people don't mean it as an insult, but typically the people that are called 'down to earth' are po-dunk kind of people. Also, whenever I've heard that as a recommendation to someone, it seems like they're really saying "don't try so hard, don't set huge goals, don't worry, don't think, just be blindly happy, everything will be alright". I'd rather be meteoric than down to earth, would rather think hard, would rather worry about something if I have to, etc.

Humility is good in proper doses, but it's annoying when all someone celebrates is their humility, or they use it as an excuse for not doing anything bold or courageous. It would be like thinking that vigilantly investigating conspiracy theories is basically good, but the conspiracy theory groups annoy you for a lack of proper investigation and excessive distrust of institutions, which does more harm than good.

To me, telling someone to be more down to earth is like trying to cut down a 'tall poppy'.

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          Someone who flunked out of an astronaut program?
          LOL
          Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-10-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

You're too down-to-earth to understand.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• yeah?

well?

you're dumb
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• I don't really find intelligence, a good job, a good body, or being "down to earth" as the hardest thing for me to find. As a woman older and smarter than me said, those things don't matter at a certain point. People just need to feel appreciated and understood. Those are what make you want to buy rather than rent

The hardest thing to find I can only classify as "hunger".

I mean that in myself, I am not the smartest or hottest or most humble. I am not the best at much of anything....but holy shit do I really love my life, and I ATTACK my life to make it better. I am 100%, all the time, every day, trying to have a great damn time. I am almost always in a good mood, always positive, always finding a way out of a bad situation....and top of that, I am a person that lives with a lot of purpose....I own about 16 shirts at last count, shave with a single blade, use homemade soap, have no TV, and I WILL read for an hour before bed every night unless I am damn near dead. I own everything I have to USE, not just to possess. I live a very "Spartan existence" as they say. Most all my furniture is second-hand or taken off the side of the road and fixed up. The laptop I write this on is 7 years old and bought for $25 dollars at a consignment store years ago. My truck was made in 1963 and I have no desire to upgrade it....all of this is not by need. I own my own business as a physician and make plenty to buy a $600 coffee table for no apparent reason like most people do....I find the whole possessions thing to be a sickness, and I go out of my way to not engage in it.

Finding someone that understands all of this, and would ever live it with me, is VERY hard to do....my attitude only makes it worse.

If it rains, I go out and do my hike or bike ride anyway. If it snows I go make snow forts. I am like a kid. No day is a bad day if I am staring down at the ground instead of up at it.

Hunger and self-awareness are hard to find....beautiful and smart are the easy parts
                "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

• Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                  I don't really find intelligence, a good job, a good body, or being "down to earth" as the hardest thing for me to find. As a woman older and smarter than me said, those things don't matter at a certain point. People just need to feel appreciated and understood. Those are what make you want to buy rather than rent

The hardest thing to find I can only classify as "hunger".

I mean that in myself, I am not the smartest or hottest or most humble. I am not the best at much of anything....but holy shit do I really love my life, and I ATTACK my life to make it better. I am 100%, all the time, every day, trying to have a great damn time. I am almost always in a good mood, always positive, always finding a way out of a bad situation....and top of that, I am a person that lives with a lot of purpose....I own about 16 shirts at last count, shave with a single blade, use homemade soap, have no TV, and I WILL read for an hour before bed every night unless I am damn near dead. I own everything I have to USE, not just to possess. I live a very "Spartan existence" as they say. Most all my furniture is second-hand or taken off the side of the road and fixed up. The laptop I write this on is 7 years old and bought for $25 dollars at a consignment store years ago. My truck was made in 1963 and I have no desire to upgrade it....all of this is not by need. I own my own business as a physician and make plenty to buy a $600 coffee table for no apparent reason like most people do....I find the whole possessions thing to be a sickness, and I go out of my way to not engage in it.

Finding someone that understands all of this, and would ever live it with me, is VERY hard to do....my attitude only makes it worse.

If it rains, I go out and do my hike or bike ride anyway. If it snows I go make snow forts. I am like a kid. No day is a bad day if I am staring down at the ground instead of up at it.

Hunger and self-awareness are hard to find....beautiful and smart are the easy parts
                  The attitude you describe fits my "what's wrong with America" thread to a T, with yours being the antidote.

I haven't even attempted to find someone who matched me there yet. I agree with the first paragraph too.

Comment

• Thumbs up Magnolia!

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                    You sound sexually frustrated. For the pants, find a tailor to take in waists on your pants.

For dating? If you advertise being in the "top 5% intellectually" any smart girl is going to roll her eyes and date the nice guy with a sense of humility and humor. Arrogance is not sexy. The ability to laugh at yourself is. I mean, don't get me wrong, arrogant men get some sexy pieces of ass, but they aren't generally the smart girls you want.

Also, people are all smart in different ways. My husband is not the brightest at say, being well read, but he is an amazing photographer. I can't do finance, and "art" bores me, but I love history and sociology. Instead of advertising your overall intelligence, maybe think about looking for a girl with similar interests. Mostly you just want someone who isn't vapid and dull and those come in many packages.

And ummm

Ick. That attitude is just really assholeish. Apparently, you can't get laid so you put down the women that will sleep with you? I hope you are getting them off with multiple orgasms....

You need a good dose of humility and humble. There are a lot of guys with *very* nice bodies and nice personalities out there particularly in their early 20's. You have competition.

Comment

• Ah crap, I cannot help commenting here:

It sucks being healthy!!!
                      No, it's GREAT to be healthy!!! Enjoy it while it lasts ...

I mentioned this funny way of categorizing one's personality through the ennegram type. From your OP, I think you are sort of a type 5, but in the average level #6 : 5 - Enneagram Type Five: The Investigator Scroll down to the levels of this type and you'll see what I mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                        No, it's GREAT to be healthy!!! Enjoy it while it lasts ...
                        I think Wilton meant it's lonely being better than everyone around him. In fact, it's become pretty clear that this is exactly what he meant over this 34-page shitshow of a thread. He'll either grow out of his superior attitude and find himself not feeling so damn isolated, or he won't and he will live a lonely, sad life of telling himself he's alone because nobody around him is up to his high standards.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          I think Wilton meant it's lonely being better than everyone around him. In fact, it's become pretty clear that this is exactly what he meant over this 34-page shitshow of a thread. He'll either grow out of his superior attitude and find himself not feeling so damn isolated, or he won't and he will live a lonely, sad life of telling himself he's alone because nobody around him is up to his high standards.
                          I see ... it's the complex of the one-eyed-man in the realm of the blind ...

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            I've got a friend, he's pushing 50 now. He's a smart guy, back in the day he had a hard body. He's lost the hard body- he's still thin but has gone soft which is kind of typical for a 50 year old in the US. He could stand to go Primal. Anyway, he has that "I'm better than everyone, smarter than everyone" attitude. And he's constantly alone. As an outsider looking in, I know exactly what the problem is. Sometimes I want to tell him, thinking maybe if he knew what he does that drives women away he could change. But- Like the OP here, if you try to tell him anything that doesn't jive with his own viewpoint or that is in any way critical, he gets angry. Knowing this, I never have, but have seen other people do it and he eliminates them from his life. He has some really great points- he's generous with his time, he's THE guy you want along on a road trip because he can fix anything, and he's well versed in a variety of topics. But he's so sure he's better than other people that most people can only take him in limited doses, and his relationship with women don't last. I guess my point is, sometimes that isn't youth, it's the actual personality. For the OP's sake I hope not, because I agree that he'll be alone if he doesn't change his attitude.
                            High Weight: 225
                            Weight at start of Primal: 189
                            Current Weight: 174
                            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

• I can't believe that there is a 30+ page thread that is still entirely on topic.
                              "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                                I can't believe that there is a 30+ page thread that is still entirely on topic.
                                I know. Wilton really is a super-genius.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X