Gum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gum?

Been reading here awhile, and haven't seen any mention of gum. I presume it's not technically primal, but then, I don't swallow it, either. Thoughts?

You know how you start chewing gum, and it's soft and tasty, but after a while it loses its flavor and gets kind of tough? You just swallowed most of the items on the ingredients list.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
      You know how you start chewing gum, and it's soft and tasty, but after a while it loses its flavor and gets kind of tough? You just swallowed most of the items on the ingredients list.
      Most of the fake, chemical, and otherwise nasty ingredients. Exactly.

Plus, people chewing gum always look like cows chewing their cud to me.

Comment

Chewing gum is good exercise for the face muscles, and no reason to worry about the "chemicals" whatsoever...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          Chewing gum is good exercise for the face muscles, and no reason to worry about the "chemicals" whatsoever...
          Says the guy who is proudly addicted to diet soda.

Comment

Most gums contain aspartame which is a terrible thing, not to mention really gross tasting once you lose the acclimation to it.

OP, do you want it for breath freshening or for something to do with your mouth? [insert dirty joke here :P]
            yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Says the guy who is proudly addicted to diet soda.
              At least I am not addicted to fatty food as you though...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
                Most gums contain aspartame which is a terrible thing, not to mention really gross tasting once you lose the acclimation to it.
                Yeah, a terrible thing, worse than smoking, refined grains and alcohol together probably...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I am with Gorbag; I chew 4-6 pieces of that (used-to-be) nickel bubble gum for a day at a time often, and I dip it in ice-water often to make it very hard to chew. It makes my jaw strong. Jack Demspey advised this and apparently integrated that into his fight training. I also think that it is good cunnilingus workout- my tongue can break boards and shit now from mashing up frozen gum wads.
                  "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Yeah, a terrible thing, worse than smoking, refined grains and alcohol together probably...
                    Nothing wrong with smoking
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

*ponders* I didn't say that. I used to be a total gum addict though, at least a pack a day. It was making me sickly. Aspartame, ick. Wouldn't go back to chewing it, personally, nor reccommend it to anyone, unless they can find one not made with aspartame (a real sugar gum sounds yummieh)

I don't smoke tobacco, and I rarely eat refined grains or drink alcohol, either. So.. um. Not sure what your point was there. or mine really. :P
                      yay!

Comment

Originally posted by qqemokitty View Post
                        I don't smoke tobacco, and I rarely eat refined grains or drink alcohol, either. So.. um. Not sure what your point was there. or mine really. :P
                        But don't forget to have some fun and play though! Chewing sugar-free gum burn calories and making bubbles is funny when working in an office, especially if you also can make some noices that upset the anti-gum moralists...

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Truth!
                          "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

Possible downsides to gum chewing.

I have jaw joint issues, and chewing gum, especially chewing rock-hard gum while thinking that doing so is healthy exercise, would cause me major problems. I enjoy not having jaw pain.

Comment

Well that's you though, right? Chewing gum execercises a normal jaw the same way curls exercise normal biceps. But some people have injuries and cant curl, sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X