No announcement yet.

Gum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are lots of different sorts of overuse activities. In fact, they are perfectly natural. By the time someone realized they had arthritis in their jaw or loose teeth from deliberately chewing on something hard most of the time, it might be too late to reverse the damage.

It would not compare with doing a few sets of curls. Rather, it would be like people who do hours and hours of medium weight curls for "toning" and end up with tendinitis or elbow problems.

The "benefits" are unproven. The risk is real.

Comment

hahaha shit O'Reilly's here
      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        It would not compare with doing a few sets of curls. Rather, it would be like people who do hours and hours of medium weight curls for "toning" and end up with tendinitis or elbow problems.
        Interval-chewing then, one hour gum-chewing, and one hour off! Rinse and repeat, it may even be good for your wellbeing, more endorphins, and better trained face muscles as a bonus…
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          At least I am not addicted to fatty food as you though...
          Lame, Gorbag. Seriously lame.

Comment

I don't think I've ever chewed gum sweetened with aspartame. I thought they all used sugar alcohols like xylitol.
            Anyway, the one brand i chew has xylitol in it.
            And by chew I mean just for a few minutes to freshen my breath. I can never chew gum for hours, it makes my jaw hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              Lame, Gorbag. Seriously lame.
              You started it, and now you are probably going to play crybaby as well, reaching out for sympathy against the rude Gorbag...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

what percent of gum haters here do you think would also disparage whistling while walking? lol
                "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                  You started it, and now you are probably going to play crybaby as well, reaching out for sympathy against the rude Gorbag...

Comment

Working...
                  X