No announcement yet.

Strange Reaction to Diet Coke Since Going Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to drink diet sodas all the time, and felt fine.

Now when I have a sip, my head feels funny, not in a good way. It's different from blood sugar rush-- sometimes I get a headache from drinking sweetened tea. So I think my body reacts to the aspartame in the diet soda.

Comment

Yes, I experience this too.

I love Diet Coke, but I'm noticing since going Primal that it makes me feel like crap. I feel tired and like I'm in a haze after drinking one.

Comment

Maybe my body just got overdose from it and then developed the reaction. Luckily body seems to be smarter than my conscious self. My husband has never drunk the diet ones, he hates the taste. Lately he can't drink the regular ones either(we even do not want to consume it daily or even weekly, but maybe once in a month when eating out or on the road etc would be nice at least to have that option) He feels bad and gets a red rash all over his face. Sometimes visit to the bathroom is immediately needed too. When we have a night out with friends, rum and coke is not an option to neither of us. But that's another topic.

But to sum up, soda is crap

Comment

Diet soda makes my eyes blurry. Scared the crap out of me. I'll drink Zevia sodas once in awhile though with no ill effects. (Sweetened with erythritol and stevia)

Comment

Originally posted by Vman View Post
            It's only diet soda related. So, I don't think that it's blood sugar related. For example, I've drank regular Coke on a cheat day with no problem whatsoever.
            Many people get dizzy from drinking black coffee on an empty stomach early in the morning as well, so you could try to eat something first and see what happens...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by jfreaksho View Post
              Aspartame might be the culprit- my wife gets migraines. Even a piece of gum can put her down for hours.
              I'm the same way. I didn't realize it until I gave up artificial sweeteners during pregnancy, and then tried using them again afterward. Dizziness can be a migraine aura too, I've even known people who only get aura without an actual headache.

Comment

To me, "diet" anything tastes super awful.

From soda, to lite dressing etc. all taste really whacked out. To me, the fake sugar tastes really bleh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
                  To me, "diet" anything tastes super awful.

From soda, to lite dressing etc. all taste really whacked out. To me, the fake sugar tastes really bleh!!!
                  It's not "fake sugar" it's REAL Aspartame! Personally I like my Capucchino sweetened with Splenda better than with pure sugar! Another option is the sugar-stevia mix that I also find sweeter and better tasting than pure sugar alone...
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
                  X