No announcement yet.

Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand rough sister relationships. My parents are annoyed by my primal lifestyle. They are both fat and sick, but they claim to be so worried about me, my weight, and my health. Yet, they are irritated when I don't want to eat their pizza, etc.

Fortunately, my sister is mostly primal with me. She has baby weight to lose, but has mostly always been a normal weight. She doesn't stick with it like I do, but it's nice to have someone with me.

Honestly? Write down their comments. Someday, when you're successful, you can rub it in their faces. Well, that's what I would do, anyway.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Comment

Yup, it just doesn't make sense.
      My mother sounds a bit like your sister. She tries to eat a bit less wheat etc, but just doesn't stick with it. And for some reason, still gets annoyed when I decline something.

Y'know, I would write it down, but I'd end up with a whole darn book!!
      Maybe I'll just write down the worst ones...

Comment

I would write it down for sure. One week I wrote down every mean/rude thing my family said to me and to each other and handed them out at the end of the week. They were shocked and disgusted with themselves. You only get one family. No matter how irritating, etc, we should love each other. Not put each other down.

Comment

Maybe do it just for a week, for the purposes of showing them.

I think that writing down their comments can cause them to have more of an impact on you than they should.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Magicmerl makes a good point. For me, writing things down is a way to let go, or release whatever it was.

Comment

You can even symbolically burn them.

But write down and keep the sweet, charming, loving, funny, endearing things they might happen to say - lest you forget them in the midst of all the rest.
              Annie Ups the Ante
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Best: Walking home instead of catching the bus.
                Worst: Considering taking the bus at all.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

I might try writing them down. It can't hurt.

Thanks guys for your help!

Comment

Me too, Michgael! New Zealand's in a drought right now, so we're very warm!

Comment

Best: No longer caring when or what I eat (primally that is.)
                      Worst: Getting full while eating something REALLY tasty. I can no longer gorge myself like I used to, which, isn't really bad.

Comment

Best: Fed my parents a totally primal cottage pie and pineapple cheesecake for my Dad's birthday.

Two worst moments today:

1 - ruining my best roasting fork trying to break into a drinking coconut.

2 - daughter spending $24 of my money on non primal ingredients to do non primal baking in my kitchen. (On the upside, she's going to give away most of the baking. Is that an upside? Enabling other people's unhealthy habits?? Whatever).
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Best: Finding I'd lost another 2 lbs this week.

Worst: My boss bought everyone pizza at work today and I was the only one not eating it.

Comment

Originally posted by s-piper View Post
                            Best: Finding I'd lost another 2 lbs this week.

Worst: My boss bought everyone pizza at work today and I was the only one not eating it.
                            Too cheap and nasty to just eat the topping and discretely fold up the base?

Comment

Best: Admiring my arms. From my own perspective (head above, duh ) they look a bit masculine, but they just look muscular in the mirror. Also, I now have 3 defined lumps of muscle in my forearm, rather than a smooth arm.
                              Worst: Waking up an hour before my alarm (body does that for some reason, no matter what time I set it, I'll wake up first) and having to get myself back to sleep. Fortunately I'm well-rested enough.
                              --
                              Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                              I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                              I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by fifer View Post
                                Too cheap and nasty to just eat the topping and discretely fold up the base?
                                Right you are!

The funniest part is the student (we're in grad school) who was doing the ordering asked me where we should get the pizza from. No idea she was asking the complete wrong person.
                                A bitter part of me wondered if her thought was that I must know where to get pizza because I'm fat, but I know it wasn't that...just an innocent inquiry. I do know that (no one freak out on me! lol).
                                I was/am just grouchy because it's the first awkward moment I've had since going Primal. Oh well, I'll console myself by making grain-free homemade pizza this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X