No announcement yet.

Best/Worst Primal Moment of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best moment: chowing down half a chicken and 800 grams of greens(yes, i was hungry) while my sister asked me "how the hell can you do that,and still lose weight?"
    Worst moment: setting up my pull-up bar in door opening, and failing miserable while attempting do one stinking pull-up. Not cool, not cool at all.
    Thank god i can still laugh at myself sometimes....

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank of Denmark View Post
      Best moment: chowing down half a chicken and 800 grams of greens(yes, i was hungry) while my sister asked me "how the hell can you do that,and still lose weight?"
      Worst moment: setting up my pull-up bar in door opening, and failing miserable while attempting do one stinking pull-up. Not cool, not cool at all.
      Thank god i can still laugh at myself sometimes....
      I feel the pain on pullups.
      The way I got to doing one was:
      Step 1: Do negatives (jump up into "final" position and try and lower your body as slowly as possible; basically a reverse pullup), 3 sets of 3, sets spread out over a day or afternoon. Also do "downunder" pullups.
      Step 2: When you can do them, alternate occasional semi-pullups (pull yourself into a right-angle which you hold for a while) with your negative routine.
      Step 3: "Play" with the bar. Semi-pullups, negatives, dead hangs...etc
      Step 4: Start doing your "almost pullups" and holding the final position for as long as you can until you do a proper pullup.
      Step 5: Yay! Pullup!

PS: Also, for the fastest progress, do your pullup workout day-on, day-off and avoid doing it the same day as weight-based activity for arms.
      --
      Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
      I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
      I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Best: preparing my first beef tongue (I've eaten it before, but never made one myself). It may be my new favorite cut of beef.

Worst: wondering why my floors won't stay clean. I want magic floors.
        Oooo, I just made beef tongue last week. I threw it in the crock pot overnight with an onion, bayleaf, S&P, and turkey broth. It was also my first time making it. Golly that skin could double as sandpaper ;P *ack.

But i shredded it, and it turned out really juicy and moist. There was a surprising amount of fat in it too, I expected it to be super lean. Texture wise, it would be amazing for tacos. I just ended up eating mine with hot sauce!

Comment

• Originally posted by Z0oom View Post
          Oooo, I just made beef tongue last week. I threw it in the crock pot overnight with an onion, bayleaf, S&P, and turkey broth. It was also my first time making it. Golly that skin could double as sandpaper ;P *ack.

But i shredded it, and it turned out really juicy and moist. There was a surprising amount of fat in it too, I expected it to be super lean. Texture wise, it would be amazing for tacos. I just ended up eating mine with hot sauce!
          I brined mine in some pickling spices, vinegar, and water for eight days. Then into the pressure cooker for 55 minutes. Let cool, 'til I could easily pull off the skin. Voila - just like the old deli tongue I ate in my youth. I was also pleasantly surprised at the fattiness. Yum.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• The best: taking two glass clip-top jars into work and leaving them in the fridge for others to fantasise over. Then taking them to the canteen and devouring the contents. Salad envy can be a terrible thing.

For some odd reason, storing clean, colourful food in glass jars looks so much more attractive than the ice cream tubs I was using previously.

It helps that the contents are a salad consisting of scarlet chorizo, lush green leaves, magenta radishes and varied sweet peppers and, in the smaller jar, a mixture of gleaming blackberries, strawberries on the brink of collapsing under the weight of their own juice and fat cherries.
            Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

• My best primal moment this week:
              Last edited by Kakes; 05-19-2013, 05:06 PM. Reason: pic link issues
              You don't have to be sick to get better.
              Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
              Primal start: 1/2/2012
              My Primal Journal
              Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                My best primal moment this week:
                >> envious << fantastic picture!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                  My best primal moment this week:
                  How did you get inside the Windows(tm) stock wallpaper? Get out before the gigabytes attack!
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Tonight I licked up the drippings in the bottom of the frypan before I washed the dishes. I had cooked a porterhouse steak in beef dripping. That beefy taste took me right back to my childhood - Mum would always save the drippings in a tin and we would use it to spread on bread or toast. Yum yum yum. I almost forgot how good it tasted.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Best- Deciding to go raspberry picking this morning!

Worst- Being chased back inside by the biting blackflies...very sad.
                      You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

Working...
                      X