Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's a fast response, Sopaholic!

Originally posted by Sophaholic View Post
    Definitely second the bone broth. We started WAPF then Primal because two of my then-three year old's teeth were black & dying. I can now literally chart how much broth she's had by the colour of those two teeth: not enough, they turn black; some, they're brown; a good four bowls a week and I kid not they start turning creamy white. The change can happen as quickly as as four days, so thinner, exposed to the winter elements nails would definitely show signs I imagine.

On the slight off chance it's something more, I'm looking into hypothyroid right now & brittle nails come under a lot of hormone-related problems. Worth thinking about any other seemingly random symptoms that might indicate a wider problem.

ETA: StephenHLi, we cross-posted. But yes, yes & yes to every symptom! I don't want to hijack the OPs thread, but could you explain a little more please?
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate Ruckman View Post
      I've had floaters since my 20s (I'm ancient, now! LONG past periods.) so don't think that applies. The other things you mention, not really. What would that indicate?
      Floaters since 20's, do you wear prescription glasses? Did you get them at an early age too? Are you near sighted?

Floaters are chaos entities affecting the vitreous humor fluid and usually near sighted people (myopic) can see these visual obstructions more frequently.

If there is accompanied flashes of light or auras, or possible loss of peripheral vision, then there may be a related retina problem (detachment?).

So right now your are ancient and since you have suffered with floaters since your 20's, this condition is now chronic. Treatment and therapy should be expected to take years to correct if correction is at all possible.

You most likely will need to perform some kind of liver, kidney, gut cleanse to clear the passageways for specific improved blood flow to nourish the eyes, the optic nerve, and the surrounding optical and orbital muscles.

For some people, floaters are a mere nuisance, but other people who rely on their vision find floaters terrible and possibly disabling. I would seek a qualified herbalist and healthcare professional to address this specific condition if that is the desired goal.

If not, a very harmless non-specific protocol is as follows:

Try adding some of the following into your diet and notice any changes in the vision.

-Goji Berries (wolf berries): can be eaten as a snack, most are in dried form, would need to soak
      -Chrysanthemum Flower: many various tea forms
      -Ginko Biloba
      -Bilberry

Some common supplements to support eye health

-Vitamin A
      -Beta Carotene
      -Vitamin C
      -Vitamin E
      -Lutein
      -Zeaxantin
      -Grapeseed Extract
      -Black Current

Remember, if you want a specific, individualized targeted treatment protocol, seek a qualified health professional.

If you wanted to try a N=1, try some of the above suggestions.

Comment

Thanks, yep, I've had them as long as I can remember, and they don't bother me, though I know they do some people. Just part of life, for me. I DO rely on my vision, as an artist, but they're really not bothersome since I know what they are. I've worn glasses for my near-sightedness since I was a kid, though interestingly my vision has gotten better the past few years.

I know about flashers, though! I did have a detached retina a few years ago that required 280 laser stitches to repair! (Pre-paleo, too.)

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
        Floaters since 20's, do you wear prescription glasses? Did you get them at an early age too? Are you near sighted?

Floaters are chaos entities affecting the vitreous humor fluid and usually near sighted people (myopic) can see these visual obstructions more frequently.

If there is accompanied flashes of light or auras, or possible loss of peripheral vision, then there may be a related retina problem (detachment?).

So right now your are ancient and since you have suffered with floaters since your 20's, this condition is now chronic. Treatment and therapy should be expected to take years to correct if correction is at all possible.

You most likely will need to perform some kind of liver, kidney, gut cleanse to clear the passageways for specific improved blood flow to nourish the eyes, the optic nerve, and the surrounding optical and orbital muscles.

For some people, floaters are a mere nuisance, but other people who rely on their vision find floaters terrible and possibly disabling. I would seek a qualified herbalist and healthcare professional to address this specific condition if that is the desired goal.

If not, a very harmless non-specific protocol is as follows:

Try adding some of the following into your diet and notice any changes in the vision.

-Goji Berries (wolf berries): can be eaten as a snack, most are in dried form, would need to soak
        -Chrysanthemum Flower: many various tea forms
        -Ginko Biloba
        -Bilberry

Some common supplements to support eye health

-Vitamin A
        -Beta Carotene
        -Vitamin C
        -Vitamin E
        -Lutein
        -Zeaxantin
        -Grapeseed Extract
        -Black Current

Remember, if you want a specific, individualized targeted treatment protocol, seek a qualified health professional.

If you wanted to try a N=1, try some of the above suggestions.
        Best--
        Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

Kate your vision is getting better while you're navigating your "ancient" years? That's awesome. Keep up whatever you are doing.

Normally, CW believes as we grow older we just wither and die....that things do not usually improve as we get older, they get worse. This is, of course, not true. People can grow younger.

Take care!
          -Stephen

Comment

To those who have weakened nails, have you ever experienced or are experiencing the following in combination with weakened nails:

-pale nails
            -blurry vision
            -see floaters, or other visual obstructions (spots, flashes, squiggly/wavy lines)
            -dizziness
            -low b.p.
            -low body temperature
            -scanty menstruation or no period at all
            -pale face, pale lips, pale tongue
            -emotional (irritable, angry, frustrated)
            My first thought is that this kind of sounds like anemia.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Yep! It concerned my eye doctor enough that she sent me to be checked for diabetes, since people don't normally improve that dramatically. And no, I don't have diabetes, I'm healthier than I've been in ages!

Kate your vision is getting better while you're navigating your "ancient" years? That's awesome. Keep up whatever you are doing.

Normally, CW believes as we grow older we just wither and die....that things do not usually improve as we get older, they get worse. This is, of course, not true. People can grow younger.

Take care!
              -Stephen
              Best--
              Kate

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                My first thought is that this kind of sounds like anemia.
                No, happily, I'm good! Maybe I'm just working too hard!
                Best--
                Kate

Comment

And since I posted this problem, my nails are back to being, well, hard as nails! hooray!
                  Best--
                  Kate

Comment

Working...
                  X