Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little off-topic, but...

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    This article makes some sense of it, but I didn't check out her credentials: Decode Your Cravings | Holistic Nutrition Bytes--San Francisco Nutrition Consultation
    Thank you! It makes more than 'some sense', actually.
    Coincidently enough, I've been thinking in a correlation between hormonal cycle and cravings for sweet food in the past few months. Now I think it is clear: a couple of days before my period arrival I tend to have one or more binge episodes, with perhaps a tendency towards... chocolate with nuts.

And then, of course, these episodes were seen as "failure", faded the will and hope to get to the so-desired healthy balance, and, in addiction to the addictive power itself of some of the eaten foods... well, I think it's understandable why for some of us it is so hard to not "fall off the wagon" for not much longer than a couple of months, or so.
    Good to realise! Way to go, there's a nice and long journey ahead...
    Last edited by La Carnera; 03-10-2013, 07:19 AM.
    Ancas Largas (or "Wide Hips") | visual primal diaries (in portuguese)

Comment

I'm in that TOM right now...and made sme gluten free gingerbread today that did the trick. I hate resorting back to grains at this time, even gluten free, but potatoes weren't cutting it either! I did make a nice chuck roast tonight as well to try and get in more iron and used blackstrap molasses for my gingerbread
      Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
      http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

Working...
      X