Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The side affects of being obese no-one talks about

Chafing.
    No-one ever told me about this. Its painful and humiliating. It seems it because my pants are getting loose in the crotch, so skin is able to rub together. So that is a good thing.
    I know it won't happen forever, but it sucks, I walk so much all day now, so by the end of the night I am in agony. I know there isn't much I can do about it right now, as I don't want to keep buying new pants.

Anyone else got anything like this?

Chafing is not only for obese people. Pretty common to people that walk long distances or run. Petrolum jelly helps. I used to carry a small tube in my fanny pack when I was running a lot.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Oh really? I didn't even think about that.

Comment

Yep I agree with the petro jelly. I have run a few half marathons in my time, and a wee container is well worth its weight in your bum pack. And a glove to apply. The trouble is - if it gets into your eyes it is not pleasent.
        I am gonna experiment with coconut oil too. I finds that its a fantastic all round cure all !!!!!!!
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

I have run a half marathon and was still heavy, although not as much as now but I think I avoided the rubbing cos my compression pants were tight enough all over

Comment

actually Ayla I had a terribly bra thing going on. I have no chest what so ever - in fact I am sooooooooooo jealous of some of you girls - but anyhooo my bra strap caused some terrible chaffing - so I used it all over !!!!!
            The other thing that I sometimes find is under the arms. If I am wearing a tight teeshirt that cuts way into my armpits - no problem......... but I find skin on skin - terrible chaffing (that is with a 20km walk or 10 run going on )
            Just give it a go - however do not play arounfd with oxygen in a cylinder if you have petroleum jelly on your hands !!!!!!!! I just remember that from my St johns days !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

LOL G, that sounds a bit scary.
              It just sucks cos its an every day occurance for me. I spose I should just buy smaller pants really, but by the time I lose 50 kg, I will need many new pairs LOL

Comment

i don't like petro jelly, but you know, if you make a lotion bar (with bees wax, oil of choice, scent if you want), it's easy to carry and also prevents chaffing.

Comment

So you used to run a lot? I miss it.
                  I plan to get back into it more eventually, can only do short runs at the moment sadly.

Comment

that sounds right up my alley, I gather you just buy beeswax online? Does it come in a block or something? I will do a search now.

Comment

Well that was easy.
                      ZB is this the stuff? Beeswax Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                        So you used to run a lot? I miss it.
                        I plan to get back into it more eventually, can only do short runs at the moment sadly.
                        yea I had the whole half marathon thing going on - but I keep going over on my ankle !!!!!
                        If you start your running slow - run a lamp post/ walk a lamp post....... you will find that one day you will run two/ walk one........ then three/one
                        and so on and so forth until you are running 60 minutes non-stop. It doesn't pay to increase it too quickly, but really listen to your body Ayla. This is actually something that we seem to do the more we eat this way, so I need to plan and implement a new goal - ie half marathon etc... I am really keen to do the molesworth 84 km, but I would have some serious training to do before then.
                        Lisa Tamati s book is interesting reading, as is Dean Karnazes. Really good reads. Very inspirational.
                        Anyway Ayla - if you are keen on getting back into running email me. I have all sorts of good tips !!!!
                        G x

...small steps....

Comment

Ayla you deserve to feel and look good no matter what size you are. Treat yourself to a new pair of pants
                          Sandra
                          *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Monistat makes a silicone chafing powder, it's smooth and silky, and as a bonus, you can use it on your face as makeup primer too. It's better than most makeup primers out there lol. I get mine for a few bucks at Walmart.
                            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

G last time I did take it slow when i started. I did the couch to 5km program so it was nice and slow.
                              You are prob right sandra

Comment

Working...
                              X