The side affects of being obese no-one talks about

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, buy a new pair of pants.

And yes, there are all sorts of chafing solutions. Body Glide works well. Don't let chafing stop you! And it happens to everyone.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Commercial products are available for that too. I have no personal experience to offer since I've never used them (or anything) but petro jelly seems like it would be sticky/messy. Maybe they all are, I don't know.

Comment

Whatabout wearing compression shorts? That's what I wear under skirts to make them more comfortable. Might last longer than new pantsas you continue to lose.

Comment

My thighs used to rub all the time when I was a child. I remember being so embarrassed, cause all my pants would wear out and get large holes on both sides. The weird thing was that I have never been that overweight. Maybe 15 - 20 lbs.
          Then as an adult I've been from 20 to 40 lbs overweight at times and even more with my pregnancy. Never had any chafing. Weird.

Comment

Body Glide is great and so is 2Toms Sport Shield. I've use both to help prevent blisters when I've had to do some distance walking.

Comment

I get chafing from doing long hikes (in the summer, mostly). I use A+D diaper rash ointment... works great! I'm not obese so this is common with lots of people, but was worse when I was overweight.

Comment

My solution to that is to wear leggings under everything! My go-to normal every day look is a casual dress with leggings. If the dress is above the knee it can look really cute with leggings. Then you rock cute shoes or boots and you look pulled together. Plus no chafing, plus they absorb moisture. I love 'em. I have 17 pairs of leggings in a bunch of neutrals - grays, beiges, browns, black. Since going primal in October I've thrown out a bunch and have sent a bunch off to the charity shop near me and have bought new, smaller sizes, but I still have 17 pairs that fit me. Go to Old Navy. 100% cotton leggings for under $20.00. Be comfy. Seriously, even in the summer you can do leggings under dresses. The cotton ones will wick moisture away from anything that chafes.
                be the hair that knots with my hair
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

LV I don't wear dresses.
                  I am wearing gym type pants everyday, but they are getting loose in the crotch thats all.

Comment

So....nevermind!
                    be the hair that knots with my hair
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

all good though
                      One day I might like to wear a skirt or dress, so will remember this

Comment

I second the Monistat anti-chafing gel, it's great stuff. It goes on like a cream but dries powdery. I lost a lot of weight but still have chafing because of how loose the skin on my thighs is.

Comment

I've always used coconut oil if there is a chance of chafing.
                          Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-26-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Buy a pair of spanxs, they will kind of shrink with you. The compression shorts would work well too. Funny how we think we are the only ones who have issues with me thing or the other...
                            Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
                            Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

LOL yeah
                              Are spanxs those things that hold in your belly too?
                              If so I can't do that, I hate things over my belly, its just too uncomfortable, most of the time my pants are under it, unless I am out, but if my shirt is long enough I still do that.
                              I know it will stop eventually, but will try some coconut oil in the mean time, until I get some beeswax

Comment

How about the stuff runners use on their feet?
                                Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

Working...
                                X