Scratchy Throat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graycat View Post
    I've heard wonderful things about oregano oil used at the onset of a cold for preventing full blown nastiness.
    Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Source Naturals Wellness Oil of Oregano, 1 Ounce
    Yes this works well too, you can get capsules. I use it when my candida comes back also, and it kills it pretty quick.

Originally posted by janie View Post
    Slowcooker: it is acupressure, similar to acupuncture which I've also found to be effective. Eastern medicine has much to offer.
    Yep this, it does work

Comment

Originally posted by slowcooker View Post
      Is this a joke? Rubbing the palm of your hand is going to help a sore throat?
      It is not a joke.

When people are in distress, sometimes trying something "new" or "unorthodox" is necessary. Try it, if it doesn't help, don't do it anymore. You didn't lose any hair off your cat.

Sometimes, it is also not the most important thing to understand "why" or "how" something works. Sometimes, if it works....then it is just enough.

There are multiple ways people have tried to explain the mechanism of how or why acupressure, acupuncture, meridian and qi energy work.

Sometimes the end result is the most important factor, especially if a person is in distress and especially if the method to achieve that the result is virtually risk free.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I hope others find them helpful too. I actually never got to try anything but the honey because the scratchy throat was gone by the next morning. That's definitely one thing I've noticed since eating mostly primal, I don't get sick as often and if I start feeling bad it doesn't last more than a day or two and isn't nearly as severe. I can't wait to get back into my own house and get back to 90 to 100% primal (living with my parents makes PB much harder to stick with right now).

Comment

Sleep. . . Sleep

Comment

My favorite throat remedy is gargling with cayenne pepper in warm water. I use 1 teaspoon in about 4 oz of water. Gargle several times and then drink it. After the burning stops (which is intense) the pain is much relieved. I had a bunch of people around me with strep and treated myself with this.
            True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
            The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Comment

Working...
            X