Primal Music?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Music?

I do not mean didjerydoos and monkey bone rattles and shit (though awesome!) but rather, regular music of contemporary civilization whose lyrics address themes consistent with aspects of the PB. Do you guys have any stuff? I found this song a few weeks ago and like it, and thought to share it*

*I might already have done so. I share a lot of music online and am always running down weird stuff, so I lose track all the time of where I shared what.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Nice! I'm fond of Sepultura(Roots, Chaos AD) and some Soulfly stuff.

Comment

Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy ahhh... and some Guy Clark yes?

Comment

Originally posted by whitebear View Post
        Tommy Makem and Liam Clancy ahhh... and some Guy Clark yes?
        Okay, maybe those are not all that particularly primal but damn good music none the less.

Comment

"Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

Comment

I prefer my local primal music to yours Mr. Perfidy:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

While those performers' motions' are self evidently proof that god loves and all, I fail to see how it is a Primal song...but I don't speak very good spanish, and it's hard to concentrate on translation with ass cheeks bumping around in my face, even if only electronically.

you like the Technique?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                  I do not mean didjerydoos and monkey bone rattles and shit (though awesome!)
                  Hey Perfy, do you know why hippies like didgeridoos?

Comment

People call me a hippy, and I like them because they sound awesome...lol

We did try and smoke out of it, if that's what you're going to say.

Comment

well Gwamma reckons that a guitar and a couple of drums in any cave would be good enough primal music !!!!!! Oh and a fire !!!!!
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

//
                        Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-22-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Gwamma I mean regular-ass music that people today listen to like on the radio, but whose lyrics have a primal theme, or talk about something that would resonate with primal people.

Like Seedless Society and Be Healthy and Back on my Regimen!

music is a way under-rated means of teaching people about things; when people see that artists who make things that they like are supporting a given idea, it gives them permission to break with the thinking imposed by other authority figures.

Comment

Mr Perfidy Sir - I know !!!!!!!!! ........ but that is what Gwamma listens to !!!!!!! a guitar, a couple of drums around a fire - in a cave.................... best times !!!!!!! LOL Gwamma really can't stand some of this modern shit that you young ones call music !!!!!............althou to be fair - I didn't actually listen to the one above
                            * I am so gonna get wrapped over the knuckles for saying that !!!!!*
                            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

This womans voice is so communicative on a primal level that the subtitles are not only unnecessary but almost distracting.
                              Last edited by specsAreGrok; 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X