No announcement yet.

Primal and emotional eating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always been a huge emotional eater. Recently, I've been going through some pretty crappy stuff, and thinking back on the past week, I don't think I've been eating enough either. Mostly because I don't feel like I have the energy to cook anything, but also because eating just doesn't seem like an interesting alternative to whatever I'm doing.

I've been trying Vitamin D to help boost my mood. I don't know if you'd be interested in trying it out or not. I assume NYC hasn't been getting much sunshine recently. I know it won't change any situational problems you might be having, but it might help boost your mood enough to tackle one or two things you felt you couldn't do before.

Comment

Still muddling through and not relying on food. I had a treat yesterday, but a primal treat. I actually took two days off work, although the second was because my apartment was so filthy I couldn't stand it and I needed time to clean it. It's not like me to skip work just because I'm upset, partly because I find the distraction really helpful. I'm long accustomed to pushing through sadness to do what needs to be done. But I decided I needed to be good to myself a little. Today I'm going back.

I'm mostly keeping up with my training schedule and I regularly take vitamin D. Weather-wise I actually suffer more during summer than I do winter. I've actually been wanting to post about that but it didn't seem appropriate when so many people are posting about suffering winter blues.

Comment

Just wanted to add that I have always been an emotional eater, too, w/my favorite carby "comfort foods"....that has all changed completely since eating more primally! Really, I am amazed, would never have believed it. So yes, my 2 cents is that emotional eating can change w/this way of life.

Also wanted to offer my sympathy on your bad time in your life now. Hang in.

Beth

Comment

Working...
        X