Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's human nature to lie to the ignorant to advance your own agenda, which is a property of Satanism as an orgnizational structure, no?
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Satan's fingerprints are all over us "regular folks", let alone Hollywood type folks. Honestly, any focus on hollywood, entertainment, sports and Satan's plans with them should be put on the back burner. There are more glaring problems of satanic origin directly affecting everyday people's lives.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
        Satan's fingerprints are all over us "regular folks", let alone Hollywood type folks. Honestly, any focus on hollywood, entertainment, sports and Satan's plans with them should be put on the back burner. There are more glaring problems of satanic origin directly affecting everyday people's lives.
        Yeah? Do tell.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
          Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
          Yeah? Do tell.
          I absolutely second that motion.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

This is the yummiest thread ever.

Comment

IMO, God and Satan are social constructs invented to keep the masses in line. If you do good, you did it - take your kudos. If you do bad, you did it - take responsibility.

Now Santa and the Easter Bunny - those are real.

Someday we'll understand why some little boy likes to cut the heads off kittens and grows up to cut the heads off women. If it's Satan, I'll admit I was wrong. But I'm betting on science.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Sure they are concept models or whatever, imaginary characters and shit, but like you said- so is God....and yet, there are billions of people whose behavior, personal and business networks, finances, hiring and firing, art-work, speech, child-rearing, diet- all are determined by this idea of this character. Why should satanism not be possible if christianity or judaism is possible? Unless you are going to argue that there are no real jews or christians anymore.
                "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Comment

^I don't understand, was someone arguing against Satanism existing? Like it or not, believe it or not, it is a belief system that people follow.

Many Satanists actually argue that their Satan isn't the one from Christianity and that it is a completely separate ideology. Strange, to me, that they would choose to use that term, if that was not the case, but these things do evolve over time.

Interestingly, Satan actually does not have a presence in Judaism. It's purely a New Testament construct.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

who is in Eden on the tree and shit? Genesis is judaism.

Comment

Go read the wiki page for Satan. There is no direct reference to a Satan figure.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Go read the wiki page for Satan. There is no direct reference to a Satan figure.
                        It's true. The figure in the tree was a satan - an angel sent to test humanity's faith. Over time, it was personified into one entity, separate from and opposite Yahweh.

Comment

I don't care about wiki anything...who is the serpent in the garden if it is not satan? The translation is like, "The adversary" right? Sounds like satan to me...

Also the Torah as it exists now is the same bullshit as the christian bible. Priests and the ruling class edit that shit as they need to engineer culture to entrench and extend their power.

In the book of Enoch, there is an anti-god character who wars with God before Time- the victor gets to create the universe (or eat its potential and dwell in perpetual darkness)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                            I don't care about wiki anything...who is the serpent in the garden if it is not satan? The translation is like, "The adversary" right? Sounds like satan to me...
                            I interpreted it to mean humanity's adversary, not God's.

Comment

In the same chapter or whatever it says that man made god in his image and loved him above all other creations...

Comment

Excellent book. Shows the development of the concept of Satan. The literal meaning of the term "satan" would be something like "obstructionist"; I'll leave the political implications for you to infer.

Originally posted by Kata
                                It's true. The figure in the tree was a satan - an angel sent to test humanity's faith. Over time, it was personified into one entity, separate from and opposite Yahweh.
                                That's a point Pagels makes, that angelic figures were often obstructing, adversarial, and of ambiguous intent.

There is a reading of Genesis that would interpret the story of Eden as symbolic of the development of human consciousness, with the Knowledge of Good and Evil being that which separates us from other animals. One can certainly argue that point, but if the curse of consciousness is what makes human beings human - our introspection, ability to think metaphorically, our ability to conceptualize time in spatial terms, and all the prodigious output of our blessed 2.5 mm thick neocortex - then the Serpent is the agent that brings about the origin of consciousness, and is therefore the catalyst for all that is great and horrible in humankind. The Serpent is responsible for slavery and holocaust and murder, but also music and literature and science.

Comment

Working...
                                X