Carnival cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnival cruise

With the news reports saying that people are fighting for food on the crippled cruiseship do you think that there is any paleo/primal's on the ship taking advantage of their ketosis and IF?

I'll never understand the appeal of a cruise. A hotel you can't leave and could sink. Awesome.

Comment

I agree, putting yourself in with 4000 other people in becoming a sheep being led from port to port has not appeal to me as well

Comment

I dunno, I heard Carnival cruise lines are the shit.

Comment

If there were any paleo/primal folks on a stuck ship (is this a news headline right now or something?), they are probably already using IF at their leisure anyway.
          Depression Lies

Comment

I'd be fishin! There are all kinds of tasty critters swimming in the gulf.

Comment

This is Carnival's Fourth Major Disaster in 1 year. You'd think people would book on a different Line. When you make decisions that poorly you deserve the results. (Not much sympathy here.)

Cruises are great, I love them. I'd never go on Carnival though. I bet they carry primal food for any paleo/primal types. They are typically able to provide any type of diet. But of course when the power goes out, the food goes bad. Think of all that grass-fed beef and wild fish gone to waste.
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
                I'll never understand the appeal of a cruise. A hotel you can't leave and could sink. Awesome.
                Yup, me too. The thought of being herded with all those strangers freaks me out a bit. Now, my own boat would be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                  This is Carnival's Fourth Major Disaster in 1 year. You'd think people would book on a different Line. When you make decisions that poorly you deserve the results. (Not much sympathy here.)

Cruises are great, I love them. I'd never go on Carnival though. I bet they carry primal food for any paleo/primal types. They are typically able to provide any type of diet. But of course when the power goes out, the food goes bad. Think of all that grass-fed beef and wild fish gone to waste.
                  If they had any common sense they would be preserving all the meat and fish on board. Even with no power there must still be ways to cook,dry or cure the food they have and I'm sure there is or was still some ice on the ship. The problem is 4000+ people expecting to be pampered are suddenly thrown into a survival situation. As for myself, I'd be grateful for the experience.

Comment

I used to think the same thing until I went on one with my wife's family (years ago when we were still engaged). The food is generally very good, and you can eat healthy. You look at the brochure of port activities before you set sail and choose you days. Kayaking in a mangrove swamp one stop, hiking the rain forest and climbing a peak next to a waterfall the next. Catamaran sail to a snorkeling spot another day. It was a blast. That being said it costs a fortune to get a good cruise, usually equating to desirable locations and less passenger density. I'd love to go again, but I can do so much for less $$$ and have just as much, or more, fun.

The lines on the dock for the Carnival cruises were easy to spot from hundreds of yards away. It's the long line with the most collage age kids puking into the harbor.

Comment

I'm pretty sure on a hot, filthy, stinking boat almost overflowing with sewage by now, that IF and ketosis is the last thing on their mind as they're running out of viable food
                      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

From here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/us...ewanted=2&_r=0

Once they dock, passengers can choose to board a bus and head to Galveston or Houston, or spend the night in a New Orleans hotel and catch a private charter plane the next day, according to a statement put out by Carnival. The company said it would cover all travel-related expenses.

Passengers will also get a refund, $500 and credit for another cruise.
                        Yeah, sign me up for another Carnival Cruise!
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I realize it's not ideal, and there are a lot of people we are talking about here, but I really don't get why they are all living in their own fermenting waste when they have the ocean right there...

Comment

I realize it's not ideal, and there are a lot of people we are talking about here, but I really don't get why they are all living in their own fermenting waste when they have the ocean right there...
                            I admit... I told mom, while I don't want to traumatize people with the view of my hairy ass, I'd be hangin' it over the side if the toilets weren't working. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But cruises stop in almost every port both to unload and reload, so it's no wonder this is turning into a nightmare.

As a side note, I'm booked in with Norweigen Cruise Lines and I managed to upgrade from an Inside to a Balcony for 40 dollars. Go me!
                            Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

I was reading about this some... evidently these people having to eat cold food, and the waste issues (to which I say, use your ice bucket like an old fashioned chamber pot and walk it to the deck to discard it you idiots!), and a lot of the people are all crying and praying and acting in general as if they are going to die and the world is coming to an end...

WTF?

Are people really that stupid that they can't deal with a few days of eating cold sandwiches and disposing of their own body waste.

The part where I was stranded and had to deal with some stressful circumstances, whatever not that big a deal... dealing with those PEOPLE, basically would want to kill them!
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                              X