Did going primal affect your libido?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did going primal affect your libido?

This question is aimed mainly at the ladies here.

Managed to get my wife 'wheat free' and half way to primal. Just wondering if libido will be affected, hopefully for the better?

Anyone notice a difference?

I have noticed an increased libido, but I'm not sure exactly what it's from. Over the last 18 months, I quit taking hormonal birth control pills, cleaned up my diet to be more primal/paleo, and have also have been exercising more frequently. I guess all of those three actions are primal, so going primal has improved my libido. This would be a great result and all, but I'm single.

Comment

What form of Primal are you doing? Increase in sat fat is, for many people, a good thing. Low carb (in my case) was a very bad thing.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Honestly, no. I was on hormonal birth control pills when I started. I think my libido improved mildly soon after going off the pills, but went back to my "normal" (low) soon after. It's been better since I started taking Vitex, for low progesterone.
        Depression Lies

Comment

I had hoped so, but no, it's done nothing for my libido.
          High Weight: 225
          Weight at start of Primal: 189
          Current Weight: 174
          Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

No, thank goodness.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Possibly, slightly but only slightly.
              In the past year I have discovered that I am gluten, grain, dairy and legume intolerant.

I am trying to make sense of it all through my blog: http://www.goingagainstthegrain.co.uk

Comment

hell - yeah !!!!!!!
                Gwamma is having a grand old time with Gwumpy Gwandad !!!!!!
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Go G!!!
                  Na, no increase, I think its just fairly normal, increased around ovulation.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's a no in my case, in fact my libido has been pretty non-existent lately except near ovulation, and even then it's not spectacular. I was off of artificial hormones for a year before going Primal, so it's not anything like that. Right now I'm trying to find a doctor to have my thyroid checked out. YogaBare's mention of low carb being bad...I should probably see about that, I'm generally pretty low carb b/c I'm trying (and not really succeeding) to lose weight.

Comment

For me, yes. I think it may have to do with an overall better mood, which might be a result of the hormone regulation that seems to be a pretty typical when people go paleo.

Comment

I've always been a rather "frisky" girl, but going Primal seems to have given me more energy when "frisky" and greater ability to relax when not.
                        Want sex pretty much every day, either in the morning or at night, if not both.

All other signs of high-testosterone are there too, mind: increase in muscle volume, more body-hair, more regular cycle, more comfortable cycle, less stress and less emotional ups and downs.
                        I'd say it's the fat that does it.
                        --
                        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                        I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Originally posted by meeshar View Post
                          YogaBare's mention of low carb being bad...I should probably see about that, I'm generally pretty low carb b/c I'm trying (and not really succeeding) to lose weight.
                          Same as Kochin, I've also always had a strong libido. But while I was low carb I didn't even think about sex! It was really weird. Added back in starch, fruit and honey and I've got my mo-jo back

And I was vegetarian pre-primal, which is meant to wreak havoc on your sex drive. Not for me. Meanwhile the low carb didn't wreak havoc - it made it vapourise.
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                          X