Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitting your kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    Jesus christ. No life is not like that for most people, just the ones who are dealt a bad hand
    I am sorry you suffered abuse too, but I am glad the times you got just smacked you could tell the difference.
    Did that smack not make you fear more that it was going to be worse though?

    Comment


    • So was it cruel to tell our kids when they acted up we were going to sell them to the gypsies?
      And even threatened to call 1-800-gypsies?
      Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
        Not to a small child its not.
        Its still fear.
        I don't know about you, but my physical abuse started with just smacks, and lead to more. Maybe that doesn't always happen, but who knows.
        The same.
        Physical abuse for me began with very normal swats or spankings as a small child and escalated...
        Escalated to pretty much anything goes abuse from my father.
        Then, as is quite normal for girls from abusive homes, I allowed myself to receive abuse from male partners.
        A LOT of abuse.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
          Given the size and development difference between a child and adult, no I fail to see any difference there. It's the equivalent of King Kong "swatting" at you because you accidentally bumped into his cupboard or something.

          And you're seriously upset about me throwing clearly hyperbolic threats at child abusers, and mainly at a guy who readily admits to beating his wife? You shove it, hypocritical women like you are 50% the reason this cycle continues.
          oh please be careful here.
          People who are abused at the time think the person is doing it still loves them, and is doing it because they love them. You don't learn this is BS until much later.

          Bloodorchid, why was the abuse not OK, but the smacks were? I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            The same.
            Physical abuse for me began with very normal swats or spankings as a small child and escalated...
            Escalated to pretty much anything goes abuse from my father.
            Then, as is quite normal for girls from abusive homes, I allowed myself to receive abuse from male partners.
            A LOT of abuse.
            yeah sucks that happens
            thankfully I did eventually find a decent man who would never ever hurt me.

            And I realised last night, emotional abuse can be just as bad.

            Sucks when you get both from the person who was supposed to be protecting and loving you. Then getting 2 years of it as an adult, its the reason I got over weight in the first place.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
              Given the size and development difference between a child and adult, no I fail to see any difference there. It's the equivalent of King Kong "swatting" at you because you accidentally bumped into his cupboard or something.

              And you're seriously upset about me throwing clearly hyperbolic threats at child abusers, and mainly at a guy who readily admits to beating his wife? You shove it, hypocritical women like you are 50% the reason this cycle continues.
              Like i said you're raging at your bad childhood and coloring the world with it

              i said i was pro swat. You say it's all head bashing into walls then toss out revenge fantasy threats without specifying it's aimed at one dude who is clearly trolling

              of COURSE i'm going to asume you're threatening everyone here who says anything other than 'children are never bad for the fun of it and should only be cuddled with clouds'
              beautiful
              yeah you are

              Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                So was it cruel to tell our kids when they acted up we were going to sell them to the gypsies?
                And even threatened to call 1-800-gypsies?
                Aw Man, you got gypsies?! I got the garbage man. I also was told with what I still believe was complete truth that if I got pregnant living under that roof that I would be kicked out, post hast. I got smacked, beat, and hit...but those words...those words had a profound effect on my actions. So, we can hope that anyone who doesn't hit their kid still holds up the emotional scarring part.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                  So was it cruel to tell our kids when they acted up we were going to sell them to the gypsies?
                  And even threatened to call 1-800-gypsies?
                  Maybe.
                  I don't do threats either. But I guess not as bad hitting.

                  Does anyone else not just talk to their children, even before they fully understand things? They are people you know.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
                    Aw Man, you got gypsies?! I got the garbage man. I also was told with what I still believe was complete truth that if I got pregnant living under that roof that I would be kicked out, post hast. I got smacked, beat, and hit...but those words...those words had a profound effect on my actions. So, we can hope that anyone who doesn't hit their kid still holds up the emotional scarring part.
                    What do you mean?

                    I am going to be there for my children no matter what they do. There will be no kicking out.
                    But if I do my job right then there won't be problems like this.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                      Maybe.
                      I don't do threats either. But I guess not as bad hitting.

                      Does anyone else not just talk to their children, even before they fully understand things? They are people you know.
                      When is the age of reason?
                      Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                        When is the age of reason?
                        What do you mean?

                        Comment


                        • Chaohinon, you are awesome. I have a man-crush on you after reading this thread.

                          BUT forced-castration threats, even meant in jest, are not a good way to reinforce your point, here. Bad call.
                          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

                          My Primal Journal

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                            oh please be careful here.
                            People who are abused at the time think the person is doing it still loves them, and is doing it because they love them. You don't learn this is BS until much later.

                            Bloodorchid, why was the abuse not OK, but the smacks were? I am trying to understand where you are coming from.
                            I was given fair warning, i was told what the consequences would be, i did it anyway and i got swatted on the behind and it didn't ever hurt. I never have and never will fear that parent. i will do whatever is in my power to help that parent out when needed

                            parent 2 was not the same and does not have any love i am capable of feeling
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

                            Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                              What do you mean?

                              I am going to be there for my children no matter what they do. There will be no kicking out.
                              But if I do my job right then there won't be problems like this.
                              First, it was a joke. Jesus. Second, how's that working out for you? Seeking advice on a fitness forum and spending most of the days there discussing your own issues instead of paying attention to your kid.

                              Comment


                              • I see, 2 different parents doing different things. That is really crap and I am truly sorry.
                                Now I understand where you are coming from.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X