Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cave man + aviator = kv8r

Comment

It's my dwarf name, like Sneezy or Dopey, it means I digress...
      Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Love some of the ideas behind the names

I like this as a "getting to know you" thread!
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by lala70 View Post
          My nickname is Lala and I was born in 1970
          Lala is also a nickname of mine. I got it as a kid when my younger sisters couldn't say my name and it came out Lala.

Comment

Mine is kinda self explanitory.... I was in the Navy, served onboard a submarine as the medic, or doc. So ssn= nuke submarine 679 was the ships number and doc means, well, doc....

Comment

Mine is a blend of my full name.

Comment

I like Japanese flowers. And possibly symbolism surrounding this particular one. And someone took my username without the "girl."

Never meant to stick around for so long. I probably should have put more thought into my username. Oh well.
                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

My Mom's name was Wilma. Pebbles has always been my nickname. It was already taken when I joined, so I added my birth year.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    I think you should at least read it once though Mike
                    I'll do that eventually, Ayla. It just hasn't been a high priority with so much good stuff to read out there.

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                    My thoughts exactly. I read all of them because I needed to know what happened to Ayla and Jondalar. The last one wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it was worth the read.

I would like to see a remake of the movie, but Auel said she'd only let that happen if she got to write the screenplay. My fingers are crossed. Forget Grok, for me it's "what would Ayla do?"
                    I have to admit so some curiosity about the fate of Ayla and Jondalar, as well as whether her son plays a role in the outcome. Not asking for any spoilers, though. lol
                    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

It's an allusion to "The [Widget], the [Wadget], and Boff," a 1955 story by Theodore Sturgeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
                        My thoughts exactly. I read all of them because I needed to know what happened to Ayla and Jondalar. The last one wasn't nearly as good as the first, but it was worth the read.

I would like to see a remake of the movie, but Auel said she'd only let that happen if she got to write the screenplay. My fingers are crossed. Forget Grok, for me it's "what would Ayla do?"
                        Yep me too!
                        The movie I think would be hard to do well, but I hope one day someone does.

Comment

An Ivy degree and a blue collar job. Suits me, I could never have job that involved an office in any way.
                          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

my (now deceased) pet bird's name.

Comment

The first two letters from each of my names - I have five. So - "Jo..." "Jo..." "Ha..." "Li..." "Go..."
                              Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                              SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                              2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

I am not blonde. But hubby and I rescue Golden Retrievers. My avatar is one of our rescues... so, I'm Goldie!

Comment

Working...
                                X