Why did you choose your username?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    do i still get points if i assumed it was about wood, but not a movie quote?
    No. You get points because you say a lot of funny shit.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

*fist pump* YES!
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

A song by Ween, from their 1992 album "Pure Guava".
        I'll be back

Comment

I'm orange-colored and frequently dizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
            Ayla is from my fav book series ever (Clan of the Cave Bear).
            We had a dog named Ayla who died 2010.
            Also my favorite books! Especially the first one. It's one of the reasons I got into archaeology. Sorry about your pup

My username is my Hungarian nickname, and also my grandmother's name. My Anglo name is so generic and ubiquitous, I use Kata as a way to keep in touch with my ancestry as well as differentiate myself from all the other white girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Kata View Post
              Also my favorite books! Especially the first one. It's one of the reasons I got into archaeology. Sorry about your pup

My username is my Hungarian nickname, and also my grandmother's name. My Anglo name is so generic and ubiquitous, I use Kata as a way to keep in touch with my ancestry as well as differentiate myself from all the other white girls.
              Thanks
              I must say I didn't enjoy the newest one as much though.

Comment

Him as in, you know....

Actually, as in, "Oh, him again..." (best accompanied by a roll of the eyes)

Comment

It's the name I used on World of Warcraft for years. It's also my provincial flower.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

My name is pretty obvious: I am Mike, and live in Virginia.

Ayla, I love your screen name. Clan of the Cave Bear was a great book. The next 3 books in the series were very good. Book 5 was lame, and I haven't bothered with book 6. I think the author just got bored with writing the series. Too bad, cuz it could have been great to the end.
                    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Comment

I think you should at least read it once though Mike

Comment

Naiadknight has been my username for years on most of the internet. "Naiad" because I'm frequently told I look like a nymph, elf, or mermaid and I identify with the element of water; Knight because I have a penchant for sticking up for the little guys and causes I believe to be right, even if it's guaranteed I'll get beat down.
                        I had a friend do a great painting of me in armor, hold my helm under one arm, with giant foofy anime hair, standing in an isolated little spring in the forest.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

Noctiluca has been my screen name for a while now. Somewhere along the line I wanted to use firefly as a screen name (I was a volunteer firefighter for about 10 years among other things) but it was already taken on whatever site I tried to use it. So I found a substitute and found that there is Noctiluca scintillans (bioluminescent dinoflagellate) and Lampyris noctiluca (bioluminescent beetles) and thought they were cool and that they would make a nice substitute. So Noctiluca and sometimes Noctiluca.Firefly on the random places that I find Noctiluca has already been taken.

Comment

AngryKiwi47 = AK-47. That and I'm quite mad, a New Zealander, and eighteen. Not sure where the forty-seven came from, but it's a nice touch.

Though, in all honesty, I was hoping n changing my username to the one I use on the forums - does anyone know how to do that or who or I talk to to make that happen, if it's possible?
                            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
                            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
                            MFP Food Diary:
                            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
                            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

Anagram

Comment

I'm a chef and whenever I make anything "fancy looking", my co-workers say "Look at you, gettin' all 'cheffy'"

Comment

Working...
                                X