No announcement yet.

horrible breath since started Paleo/Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had anything but mild ketosis breath for a short time while primal, but most halitosis is from the gut, not the mouth or throat. It's very possible you're killing off bad guys in the gut and they're making a stink about it (ha!).

I'd use good ferments (like Bubbies pickles, or make your own sauerkraut or kim chee or yogurt, etc.), bone broth, avoid sweets entirely for a while (and grains, if you're not 100% already), and maybe a quality probiotic. If this is the worst of your "I cut the crap food" die-off, you're very fortunate!

Or it could be Satan.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Oh I have the same problem, badly. I've pinned it down to happening whenever I consume milk/yogurt/cheese or even butter... always accompanied by thick mucous in my mouth and throat- sorry - however I think I need the calcium so I stick with cheese and yogurt which give me the same problem but less of it, and put up with the smell issue...
      but maybe you could try dropping dairy for a little to see if it goes away?
      If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
      I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

Chewing on fennel seeds helps me. They have sort of a refreshing, sweet taste to them. And you can swallow them when they're all chewed up.

Comment

Working...
        X