No announcement yet.

21 Y/O w Dark Circles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some people in this forum said they applied castor oil in the under-eye area and reported that the circles happened to fade...
    Ancas Largas (or "Wide Hips") | visual primal diaries (in portuguese)

Comment

You keep mentioning stress.... perhaps it's stress? :-)

Have you tried meditation, yoga, tai chi... any low intensity calming exercise?

Also, are you sure you are sleeping well? Do you snore, stop breathing, etc (this is usually best answered by cohabitants...) If so, maybe you should have a sleep study done.
      28 years old, insurance broker
      starting weight 195 lbs (5'4")
      working on losing weight, getting active, and curing my GERD

Comment

If you are Italian, I think it's just a genetic, family thing- people whose grandparents came from Naples often have this trait- my brother does for example- it tend to go along with an owl-like, smallish, downward pointed nose, and the underblacked eyes tend, in my experience, toward being large with squarish orbitals.
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Dark circles are often food intolerences. Often dairy.

Or it could be Satan.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post

Or it could be Satan.
            Is this an inside joke that I'm outside of? You've mentioned it a few times recently...

I think the OP is starving himself. When I competed in my first Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament, I went a little (read: a lot) aggressive with making weight (e.g. starving myself while workout out really hard) and had the same issue. I looked sickly rather than like an athlete and I performed about the same.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

about those things later in life.

Comment

just tell me your goddamned ethnic background guy! If you are napolitano it's just because you're napolitano I think- all of the people in my old family photos on the neapolitan side have the gray under-eye thing, most with little owl beaks.
                "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                  just tell me your goddamned ethnic background guy! If you are napolitano it's just because you're napolitano I think- all of the people in my old family photos on the neapolitan side have the gray under-eye thing, most with little owl beaks.
                  I am Scottish-Irish actually. I think maybe food intolerance, but I've eliminated dairy and gluten for 3-4 weeks at a time and the circles persist, although they maybe get a little better - but it's really hard to tell.

I wish I could do GAPS or something gut health realted but I just can't in my situation.

Appreciate the advice so far guys!

Comment

It doesn't have to be all or nothing with GAPS. Every little change you can make will help your gut.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                      It doesn't have to be all or nothing with GAPS. Every little change you can make will help your gut.
                      Unfortunately I require a high carbohydrate lifestyle GAPS actually seems to make my allergies worse because of a lot of the foods I seem to be allergic to (eggs, nuts, etc - although I'm guessing here).

Comment

GAPS is by no means inherently low carb. You can eat fruit to your hearts' content, and of course, non-starchy veggies, and winter squashes are very allowed. Between fruit & butternut & honey, I can get quite up there on the carb scale. There is absolutely no carb maximum on GAPS; it's just not quite as easy to go bonkers on carbs without the grains & potatoes.

And I don't eat eggs or nuts, either.

Comment

Working...
                        X