Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look out america........................

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
    Gwamma, our trip has changed a bit - we now have 9 days and a rental car in the LA region. I'm nervous about driving, too - but I reckon I'll be OK in the US because of my anxiety, then I'll be a total bloody menace when I get home again and end up double-thinking the road rules I've been abiding by my whole life .

We're thinking either LA - coast road to San Francisco - Yosemite - Vegas - LA, or LA - Vegas - Grand Canyon - Phoenix area - San Diego - LA. We initially thought we'd have time to do it all, but I don't think that'll work!!

Do any of you have thoughts about this?? I'd really appreciate it!! (and apologies Gwamma, for hijacking your thread
    Early in the thread I recommended a parks road that does a circle of awesome national parks. Go digging. First 3-4 pages I would guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
      Gwamma, our trip has changed a bit - we now have 9 days and a rental car in the LA region. I'm nervous about driving, too - but I reckon I'll be OK in the US because of my anxiety, then I'll be a total bloody menace when I get home again and end up double-thinking the road rules I've been abiding by my whole life .

We're thinking either LA - coast road to San Francisco - Yosemite - Vegas - LA, or LA - Vegas - Grand Canyon - Phoenix area - San Diego - LA. We initially thought we'd have time to do it all, but I don't think that'll work!!

Do any of you have thoughts about this?? I'd really appreciate it!! (and apologies Gwamma, for hijacking your thread
      If either of you, Jac or Gwamma, end up in San Diego, let me know. They don't call this place America's Finest City for nothing.

Comment

• thanx PB - you will be on my ringing list if we come that way says gwamma getting out american map and trying desperately to find San Diego !!!!!
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
          thanx PB - you will be on my ringing list if we come that way says gwamma getting out american map and trying desperately to find San Diego !!!!!
          It's the south west corner of the US.

Comment

• yep - found it !!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• okay so Gwamma is writting all these names and places on my wee map of America - very exciting !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• 5 1/2 weeks before touch down .........................

...small steps....

Comment

• Exciting!!!
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• 3.5 weeks til touchdown...................

I is getting excited now !!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Wow, G, that's close!
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Anything else you need to know?
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• heaps still to ask CC but I am trying to get things sorted here as well, and trying to curb my excitment!!!!! I used to be amazing at multi tasking !!!!!!!!!

Joanie - have you got the mud wrestling kit ready to go ?????

...small steps....

Comment

• Indeed I do, G.

Honestly, while it may be fairly easy to get a little lost in a city, as big as it is, this country is way easy to drive long distances.

Oh, I can't remember if I asked you to take a lot of pics of your Alaska cruise, but pretty please do? Alaska remains one of the last few places in the U.S. that I want to visit but haven't.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• you should be coming with us J. Althou as you can imagine I rabbitt on alot about nuffink !!!!!! which gets a wee bit tiresome at times !!!!!!
                              We are told that its interesting on these cruises at meal times. Best entertainment is to step back and watch the bun fight as the buffets open !!!!!!! It could be a fun thing to do x 3 per day !!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• nineteen sleeps to go
                                nineteen sleeps to go
                                hi ho a-mer-i-can-oooooo
                                nineteen sleeps to go !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X