No announcement yet.

Is There a Modern-Day Garden of Eden?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gob is my favorite Gob, Banana is my favorite Banana, Knuckles is my favorite Knuckles, and Moccasin is my favorite Moccasin. My wife is my favorite wife. lol That's probably like love to the fifth power, right? As opposed to merely 5xLove
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Not really, this is why I'm a monogamist. I exhaust all my love on one woman, and there is no more room for others.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

lol see that's like an idea in your head. It is literally physically untrue and can be verified with measurements and shit.
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
          If we were all trying to live there, it would be a clusterfuck and no longer the garden if Eden, now, would it?
          My first thought. I choose to live in less sexy places, in order to have more peace, space and privacy.

Recently read on MSN news that a brand new island has just formed in the North Sea, part of the Frisian island group. Took 10 years, but the thing is stable. Wildlife biologists and others of that sort are having the best time with this research opportunity. Read the comments after the article, which I never usually do. Because, you know, people generally can be ummm, idiots, but one guy was funny as hell - said something close to "Disney already owns it and is building 5 luxury hotels." Made me laugh, and then think.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

i plan on making my own little eden my dogs and my flowers, then when i get my bay; my bay, my dogs and my flowers
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              i plan on making my own little eden my dogs and my flowers, then when i get my bay; my bay, my dogs and my flowers
              It would be nice to have a Border Collie and Orange Cat ranch! My parents already have this in Florida, although it's mainly for horses

Comment

horses sound good too
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

bender_zps4b37cea1.jpg

Comment

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      + orange kittens!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                        Is there a certain country, or specific region, that could be deemed a modern equivalent to the Garden of Eden, as in, a place that is plentiful in produce and game, and temperate in climate, for most of the year? If so, why aren't we all trying to live there?
                        Shhhhh. Santa Barbara. We're not all trying to live there because $$$$.
                        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                        X