What obesity is good for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What obesity is good for

I say this knowing full well it's bitchy that I'm saying it.

I was heading up the cafeteria at work for a sparkling water and started to think it would be fun to get a muffin or doughnut. Just a little treat. Yeah, I still want to lose another 15-20 pounds but I haven't had a non-compliant treat in sooo long.

So I was at the point where I was telling myself I'd "just look" and see if they had anything interesting. Which you know is likely to lead to eating. Then I walked in the cafeteria and the first person I see there is huge. Brookhaven Obesity Clinic fat.

I walked right past the pastries without a glance and got my water. Thirst was probably behind the craving anyway.

That person never needs to know her fatness was my craving killer today, but at least the obesity epidemic serves a small, petty purpose for me.

Hey, whatever motivates you, right?
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

Comment

Obese persons as a cravings killer??? Hmmm, something tells me that a few of the very politically correct forum members will come and take you soon...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I'm not proud of it. But at least I didn't eat that muffin.

Comment

Seems legit to me
          "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Comment

Fat is supposed to be satiating isn't it?
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Don't forget that obese people are almost always doing weight bearing exercise when they walk, and so have less of a chance of suffering from osteoporosis in their old age.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Go to an amusement park during the summer...those sights will definitely make you focus on getting your ass in shape.

Comment

I don't think this is bad. We are thankful for what we have been blessed with.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Don't forget that obese people are almost always doing weight bearing exercise when they walk, and so have less of a chance of suffering from osteoporosis in their old age.
                    You know, when I hear the overweight being told their weight is like walking around carrying a heavy backpack, I always think "but isn't that good exercise?"

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Moose View Post
                      Go to an amusement park during the summer...those sights will definitely make you focus on getting your ass in shape.
                      But then there's the funnel cake!

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                        Fat is supposed to be satiating isn't it?
                        I think my employers frown upon eating students.

Comment

Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
                          But then there's the funnel cake!
                          You know, with all the crap that I've loved eating throughout my life, I was never a fan of funnel cake.

Comment

I don't think its bitchy. I get motivation from the same type of situation. "Look at that person who isn't in good health. I have the power to make changes now! I gotta get going before I can't fix it anymore!"

Comment

Not really sure what to say to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X