Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What obesity is good for

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    nope. I know that I am not unique among men in that I move through my environment assessing the mating desirability of each potential partner- this is a property of human awareness shared with all other humans. So, I know that I have actively improved my assessment among everyone that I pass and have vaulted over the fat and the floppy. It is a biological fact and is experienced and enjoyed as such.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

    Jack london, "Before Adam"

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
      This is why I HATE going out in public actually, because of people like you making me feel worse about the way I look.
      Nobody can 'make you' feel anything...how you end up feeling is a result of how you apply your emotions and thoughts (conscious and unconscious) to the situation you're in. You choose how something somebody else says or does makes you feel.

      The OP didn't say at all that she judged the person she saw, only that her reaction after seeing the person was to just choose the sparkling water over what likely would have been a totally unsatisfying cafeteria-crap muffin. I don't see anything wrong with this, and I applaud her for having the cojones to say it here, fully admitting in her first sentence it is super bitchy.

      And yes, I have been morbidly obese. This time ten years ago, I weighed in the neighbourhood of 345lbs (5'7" female, 23 at the time). I knew full well that people thought I was repulsive...but those were people who I didn't know, weren't part of my life, didn't f*cking matter one bloody bit. I thought I was awesome (on the inside) and those I chose to share my life with saw me for me, not the extra 180 pounds of fat on my body. Those 180 pounds are gone now, and those same people that loved me then still love me now. And there are still some people out there who'll call me a fat bitch (including one to my face in the grocery store parking lot three weeks ago) and, guess what? I still don't care what a stranger thinks about me.

      Comment


      • #48
        I should maybe add that while I hate on fatties in the privacy of my mind, it would never occur to me to just up and insult them or treat them differently from other people or poorly in general as a consequence of this thought- I'm just saying, if you are more fit than fat people around you, the fact that they are there makes you feel better about your condition. Contempt feels good. There is no way people can argue that.

        haha well sometimes- if I'm the only normalish person at a table of fat people, I think that they're cramping my style.
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

        Jack london, "Before Adam"

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
          But I agree with the OP- the best part of eating right and getting in shape, at least beyond the confines of my marital sex space, is seeing fat asses and thinking, "haha, fat asses" with genuine and worthy contempt. I don't feel shame for this because I was such a fat ass, and only moments of that contempt for myself turned it around. So obviously it is good.
          Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
          nope. I know that I am not unique among men in that I move through my environment assessing the mating desirability of each potential partner- this is a property of human awareness shared with all other humans. So, I know that I have actively improved my assessment among everyone that I pass and have vaulted over the fat and the floppy. It is a biological fact and is experienced and enjoyed as such.
          Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
          I should maybe add that while I hate on fatties in the privacy of my mind, it would never occur to me to just up and insult them or treat them differently from other people or poorly in general as a consequence of this thought- I'm just saying, if you are more fit than fat people around you, the fact that they are there makes you feel better about your condition. Contempt feels good. There is no way people can argue that.

          haha well sometimes- if I'm the only normalish person at a table of fat people, I think that they're cramping my style.
          You're entitled to your opinion, but it's not the same as the OP's.

          Comment


          • #50
            I think it's the same opinion...

            she said, and I am paraphrasing, that her contempt for this fatbody inspired such fear and triumph in her that it literally altered her physiological appetite. I'm just more penetrating a spelunker and more comfortable with my shadow
            "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

            Jack london, "Before Adam"

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
              I think it's the same opinion...

              she said, and I am paraphrasing, that her contempt for this fatbody inspired such fear and triumph in her that it literally altered her physiological appetite. I'm just more penetrating a spelunker and more comfortable with my shadow
              Maybe, but thinking "I'm going to pass on the cupcake because I want to look better (or remain looking better) than you" isn't the same as thinking "I am better than you", since people are assessed on more than weight. But the way you're talking, and maybe you're just being provocative, I don't know, and I respect that you're comfortable with your shadow, yada yada, but it sounds like you do make that jump.

              You can't stop taking people seriously just because they're fat. That's not fair. Letting them be a reminder/check of your own fitness is fine by me (I mean how could you not? that bit is natural).

              Comment


              • #52
                Yeah I don't really think I am better in like any kind of absolute sense. Just a mate selection one, which for me is kinda the same thing as "am" maybe, because what else matters?
                "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

                Jack london, "Before Adam"

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                  I should maybe add that while I hate on fatties in the privacy of my mind...
                  Except now we all know you hate us. So much for the privacy of your mind. :P We don't like you either! *flounce*
                  yay!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                    Yeah I don't really think I am better in like any kind of absolute sense. Just a mate selection one, which for me is kinda the same thing as "am" maybe, because what else matters?
                    I promise you i have been selected to mate with orders of magnitude more than you.


                    however RAH spoke no truer words when he said.

                    “Delusions are often functional. A mother's opinions about her children's beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.”
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                    Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                    CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
                      Yeah I don't really think I am better in like any kind of absolute sense. Just a mate selection one, which for me is kinda the same thing as "am" maybe, because what else matters?
                      Given that premise I guess I concede the point : p

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        I'm assuming that if you are "flouncing" that you are a female? LOL (I have no idea if that's a verb or what it means)

                        I have none of these feelings for fat women...I loooooove me some paleolithic corpulent goddesses; it's more about skin and hair I think.

                        I do take care though in my environment to hide my contempt, because I generally hate seeing people afraid or excluded or uncomfortable, but, this doesn't mean that I do not feel good about being sexier than them.
                        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

                        Jack london, "Before Adam"

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          flounce
                          /flouns/
                          Verb
                          Go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner: "he stood up in a fury and flounced out".
                          Trimmed with a flounce or flounces.
                          Noun
                          An exaggerated action, typically intended to express one's annoyance or impatience.
                          A wide ornamental strip of material gathered and sewn to a piece of fabric; a frill.

                          Yes I am female, and not terribly mollified that your self professed hatred of fatties is only for the males who are overweight. Or perhaps I am confused.

                          Who knows.

                          Banana!
                          yay!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Contempt isn't hatred. I'd define Contempt maybe as,

                            "The positive and often euphoric sensation that accompanies sensory data that communicates one's superiority to those around one relative to a given attribute."
                            "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

                            Jack london, "Before Adam"

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Hooray internet for allowing us to make public the thoughts we would normally keep to ourselves behind a cloak of relative anonymity.

                              Seriously, we all have thoughts we'd be too ashamed/polite to admit to in public. Probably several times a day. It doesn't mean we're bad people. Just real ones.
                              The Champagne of Beards

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by lemontwisst View Post
                                Nobody can 'make you' feel anything...how you end up feeling is a result of how you apply your emotions and thoughts (conscious and unconscious) to the situation you're in. You choose how something somebody else says or does makes you feel.

                                The OP didn't say at all that she judged the person she saw, only that her reaction after seeing the person was to just choose the sparkling water over what likely would have been a totally unsatisfying cafeteria-crap muffin. I don't see anything wrong with this, and I applaud her for having the cojones to say it here, fully admitting in her first sentence it is super bitchy.

                                And yes, I have been morbidly obese. This time ten years ago, I weighed in the neighbourhood of 345lbs (5'7" female, 23 at the time). I knew full well that people thought I was repulsive...but those were people who I didn't know, weren't part of my life, didn't f*cking matter one bloody bit. I thought I was awesome (on the inside) and those I chose to share my life with saw me for me, not the extra 180 pounds of fat on my body. Those 180 pounds are gone now, and those same people that loved me then still love me now. And there are still some people out there who'll call me a fat bitch (including one to my face in the grocery store parking lot three weeks ago) and, guess what? I still don't care what a stranger thinks about me.
                                You know what, you are right. I need to stop caring what others think.
                                Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X